BABE Rally 2012!! Car #80 Representing MS!

ReZPunK

no it just means I have 2 days to prepare the car when parts arrive. well not even 2 days really...I have like 5 hours available this week to work on it...thursday afternoon.

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Another official Update from One Car Accident:

OK, so here is an Official Update: Today started off just as stressful as yesterday ended.. The Car still wasn't starting. 2 cans of starter fluid, still nothing.. We Broke down the Filters in the carbs, and cleaned those.. They were kind of dryish... So, We broke the Fuel line and stick it into a fresh can of gas.. Started it, it ran!! so while running, we re-attached the fuel line back in place. stayed running.. Problem solved.. So first successful road trip found that the clutch cable needed some Injuneering.. Few tweeks, and off to the Petrol station to fill her up.. The Gas pedal stuck a little bit, minor, and the car is a HANDFUL to control.. So back to attempt to adjust the Gas Pedal.. well Disaster struck.. We Over-Injuneered the Pedal, and stripped the pedal right off the linkage...... :Insert Stress here: So we busted out the Welder in attempt to fix it.. IN the process, we busted the Welder (Sorry Benson, I'll fix it.) and Chief Mechanic HAD to leave.. he was already 2 hours late for leaving on a trip that was planned. So I was left to fend for myself!!! So I did I was do best, I half-assed it. JB Weld and good enough.. After that, the Half Mig Weld/JB Weld contraption held. I started it up, and and drove off! Stopped by my Friendly Advanced Auto Crew (BIG UP for helping all this month) to show the car, and went on a joy ride through out the Greater Bangor Area.. Needless to say, only one minor issue during Shakedown.. Broke the Neg (-) Battery Terminal off the battery.. Replaced good and good. Gave the Two Teammates the first ride in the car.. Tomorrow, We'll have to drive down in a Monsoon.. Did I mention I don't have a Driver side Window.....Yeah.. raincoat it is.. :\ Don't Forget your Rubbahs!

To follow us on our trip, please Like us on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/OneCarAccident

Like out "Sponsor" also..
default_wink.png

http://www.facebook....150737778323713

And for More Info on the BABE Rally:

http://www.baberally.com

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Official Update:

Well, One Car Accident made it to Staten Island. Wish it was that simple though. To start off the morning, the great Monsoon of New England was on the waning side. But that didn't bring any relief for the Morning commute south. Besides the Blinding rain, fogging windscreen, and highs in the low 50s it was a horrible ride, Mind you we don't have a Driver side Window. Got out of Maine with no issue, Figuring out the Fuel mileage as we went. Well, it WAS going good... We sputtered to a stop at mile marker 6.6 on I-95 in NH. car just went Fack it!.. Well, after the entire team melted down, We had a act of God! a Miracle if you will.. While waiting for the Tow truck to figure out where we were going, I got a call.. Lem had just passed by seeing us in dire straits.. Said he would come back after he dropped his tow off to help. So we, well, I had the car towed towards the local Pep Boys, which was the only store open on a Sunday afternoon. and the Ladies sold me out.. they went and got a rental car (JUDASESES).. At Pep boys, I replaced the distro internals as a rule out, and once Lem Arrived, we determined it was an ignition coil.. Sourced one, replaced, and guess what, started up!!! So the ladies decided to leave me alone with the car while they rode in the Posh Focus.. Psh.. So Lem was nice enough to attempt to tune up the car a little bit, but after a while, the car wasn't Advancing right.. so under harder acceleration, it was misfiring... I just had to deal with it.. I was told if I make it to NYC, we'll make it to NOLA!! so Press on Regardless!! As I progressed through Massachusetts, the misfiring was getting worse.. and worse..... Going through NYC, the car was struggling to make it up some of the bridges.. 25 miles in hour through some of these expressways was sketchy as hell!! To top it off, the Fan belt started to slip... but POR!!! at approx.1:10 AM June 4th, We rolled into Day-0 location.. The Ramada Inn in Staten Island... Greeted by Jim who was excited to see us!! it was a nice fresh of breath air!.. Stay tuned for Videos of a fly by, and of the Backfiring/Misfires...

default_wink.png

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Good to hear you guys made it. Sounds like fun.

inski

Yay for Lem!

Best of luck Nate! Hopefully she gets better and comes out of them misfires.

NYC !!!

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Lem was such a Godsend!! and hopefully the misfires will be fixed today.. There are peoples who know old crappy cars here,so I'm in good hands.. BTW, check out my Anti-;lag system I have in my car!! haha

ReZPunK

yeah I did that on purpose...I wasnt going to tell him about anti-lag....but he found the magic button.

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
I didn't forget about you guys! Here are the last 3 days of updates incase you guys aren't following us on Facebook:

OK.. so HUGE official update. In case you folks haven't been following our adventure yesterday, it was a stressful, frustrating day. Day 2 was the costume day. We had to dress us as dashboard Hula girls.. So all three of us went all out. Before the start of the day, there was a Water Gun fight.. my little gun came up short... SO after all that craziness, we had to get 10 pictures with at least 3 people, We had to be in costume.. It was pretty fun!! We started our day off buying 2 new tires for the rear.. Best investment of the week.. Thanks again to Blue Ridge Tire in Harrisonburg VA. the crew was fun! They were our first group photo. After that, we stopped at the local Sheetz Gas station.. Whitney fell in love with the self ordering booth, she stocked up on great food! While there, we got another group shot. After lunch, we took off south. At about 10 miles south of Harrisonburg, we ended up on the side of the road with our 3rd broken Fan belt.. quick and easy fix! Pressed on.. We decided we needed to find another belt. after some Networking, found a guy in Waynesboro that stocked Corvair parts.. I tried to see if he had a new Generator Pulley but no success, but we did source 2 Proper Fan Belts.. While we were in Waynesboro, might you its about 15 minutes off course, I had to address the gas pedal issue, it was starting to break... so JB Weld fix.. We got back on the road, thinks were going well, until we broke another fan belt.. So one of the good ones!!! fit perfect! we pressed on. I noticed as the day went on, we were running lean all day.. Which was opposite of what we were doing... I figured that it was just my fuel filter clogging. I said Id address it that night in Newport TN.. well, 10 miles from the TN border, in Bristol, we broke down.. lost fuel.. well, we ran out of Light, so we got towed off the interstate for safety reasons, Trucks flying by at mach3 makes working on a car sketchy.. Once I got there, sourced more Ether.. and got the car started.. so we attempted to get more pics for comp. We met up with a bunch of kids who helped us out!! THanks guys!!! and soon after, we broke down agian....... it is not midnightish.. The Ladies made an executive decision about getting a hotel room for the night, and press on in the AM.. After the car cooled, the car started up, and I drove it to the hotel.. In morning, we got back on the road. at about 20 miles south of Bristol, we died again.. This time, felt like ignition.. so replaced the coil, and back to good.. We got off at the next rest stop for biobreak, and the car started to bogdown ad died........this felt mission critical.... with nothing near by.. 20 miles from anything...... so we called another Tow truck..... This time, I found a guy who knows Corvairs! We got towed there and Clinton worked on the car!! got it started up, running good!! When I went to go pay him, he said we were all set!! Best news of the day... I love the South! He gave us directions to the local Parts store, and we sourced a new coil... BUT while there, the car died, and didnt start up again.... SO we freaked out. no idea what to do.. I ended up Calling Clinton again, and he drove 15 minutes to help me out!!! Unbelievable!!!! so after a bit, he showed up. started to troubleshoot.. He did this carb test, and determined the Fuel pump was dead... Over-vapor locking all the time! He said a fuel pump is what he needs... I sourced an universal fuel pump, and he installed it, retuned the carbs, and called it good. Only catch is the starter is finish... locked up.. no biggie, push starts.. I went to go offer him something, he said he was all set!! God bless him, he wouldnt take it.. So we went on our way. the car was running perfect!! After dinner, we went on our way... We made it to Newport only 24 hours late!! Pressing on!! We got to the Smokey Mountains.. It was nerve racking wondering how the car was going to run up the mountain!! Well, no issues!! made it through no issues... We pulled into night 3 check point under cheering!! tonight, I think we are heading to bed earlyish...... Stay tuned for more updates!!!

Day 4 Update: Today we left Robbinsville NC and planned on driving to Gadsden Alabama. The challenge today was ISPY with the Letter "K". I feel we did really well on this challenge.. we'll see when the points are tallied.. This was the first day since we've left Maine Many days ago that we did not break down!!! We did develop a few issues as the day went on, but overall, nothing major! First issue was I started to hear this noise coming from somewhere.. I couldn't quite place it.. I finally figured out it was the Generator! (Corvairs used Generators instead of Alternators) I thought the pulley was getting dry.. so I lubed it down and I thought it went away.. well, later it was still doing it, and stared to do it more..... the other issue was Poor Whitney, who has been the Backseat driver the entire trip was finally over saturated with exhaust fumes. With that issue, I think if we patch the hole I found in the rear, and redirect the crankcase breather, that might make it a tiny bit more tolerable.. As we pulled into Gadsden, we again received a Hero's Welcome! I starting to think that people are not expecting to see us pull in
default_smile.png
I pulled around, and could hear that pulley noise again, and worse.... parked it, and jumped out. Figured out (Well, Whitney Noticed it) that the Pulley for the Generator is rubbing on the Engine.. All the tightening I've done on the belt has started to pull the whole generator closer to the engine.. quick and easy fix!!! Tonight's Dinner cooked up by Tim, a fellow competitor, was amazing!! and his Home brew beer was even better!!! Also the 'shine that may or may not exist, grabs you right by the Booboo.. Good stuff. Today, we go 400 miles in the Deep South Heat. I fear today is going to be the hardest of them all. Plus a chance of Thunderstorms.. On top of that, we have an absolute time limit! we have to be in by 6:30PM which for us, is a challenge.... Stay Tuned for updates!!

default_wink.png

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
We rolled in to NOLA at 6pm!! 30 minutes to spare for final check in!!! As we were going across the Ponchatrain Bridge, we popped a Temp/Pressure light came on.. I just thought I blew a fan belt.. no biggie.. pulled off to the side at the tip top so I could push start the car. Got to the back, and fan belt was fine... I was blowing oil out from the Crank/Distributor.. sooo.. I pressed on. I topped off the oil, and kept going.. We rolled into French Quarters the car was running OK.. Nothing really wrong cept that light, and most likely blowing oil.. so Tomorrow I'll source an Oil Filter, ReZPunK thinks it may be clogged.. worth a try.. I am going to try to drive the car back!! hahaa

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
So here is the update for day 5, Final day.. We left the hotel with high hopes knowing that we were almost there. Just a quick 400 miles and that'd be it. Today's challenge was a flash mob pics. we had to stop at every BP Gas station and get our picture taken at Pump 1. Hey, so what I have done 3 of the 4 challenges on this years BABE, They weren't expecting an OG BABE Year one guy to show up.. As we started on the day, it soon became apparent that with the miles, and the constant stopping, we had to sacrifice some points to be sure we arrived to NOLA on time. we had 5 pics. one of which we found by accident. this was the most backwoods Alabama store Ive ever seen.. it was sweet.. after a rough push start, I decided not to turn the car off no more.. I think the ladies were tired of pushing (hehe) it was at this time that we were not going to stop at every station no more.. Total count I figured was we skipped a total of 5. We pressed on! After a stop in Hattiesburg Mississippi, we started to drive into some heavy rains. Once in Louisiana, I had to ask people what was the Over/under bet on the Corvair making it to NOLA.....Wish I hadnt... We jinxed ourselves... Going over the Pontchatrain Bridge, the Temp/Press Light came on.. This is a very vague light. I thought we just threw another fan belt.. no biggie.. pulled over, saw fan belt was whole and good, but there was Oil all over the right side of the engine and sprayed on the back of the engine. Not really sure whats going on there.. Upon arrival to the Hotel, we drove the car up into the garage hoping to find a place to park where I can roll the car down the hill if needed. almost to the top, found it that is where she is sitting at the moment.. But we had no time to spare, we had to rush to get our points in! Ran to the Local Adult store, and bought a pair of Crotchless Pink Panties... We only really needed the pink panties, but what the hell, we are in NOLA!!! All the Points were in! Time to celebrate!

Well, we didn't make it in the top three, which was a little disappointing, but at the same time, we lost a lot of possible points due to break downs. But we did win the Coveted UBERBANGER Award!! On top of that, Nate proposed to Samantha in front of all the other teams! She did say yes! From there the pary RAGED!! Big Thanks to the Datsun crew for the help today, they earned their TurboDog.. And Thanks for the Canadian Crew for partying up all night with us!! Also a HUGE thanks to Justin, Karin, Jim and the rest of the Street Safari Crew for putting on this event! If it wasnt for them, I couldn't have made Samantha's Dream come true.

I also want to think everyone for the support and liking our Page! I hope you enjoyed our adventures, and I was more then HAPPY to share them with you all!

Cheers!

Nate

default_wink.png

KamB

Kam Berry
I just came across this this thread. Out of curiosity, how did you not have trouble with the cops? I drive around town with an expired sticker and get pulled over twice in a week yet this doesn't? It definitely stands out....

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
I myself just seen this post....   It was registered as an Antique.. No Inspection required..

Latest posts

Back