Been Away For A While now...

STI KID

hey guys haven't been on in a while thanks to school and one of my friends taking my car one night and crashing it...long story...but its gettin fixed and should be ready in about 2months...im probably going to end up with a lil money out of it atleast (1000$ range) and was wondering if any one could throw in a little input as to so mods that i should/could consider. i was thinking of getting so far the 3piece rear oem lip kit/ ebay "jdm/sti grille"/ and tinted window's and taillights/ haven't really gotten farther than that..any imput would be great thanks guys!

heres a list of the stuff that's on it..

Exterior:

OEM Painted sideskirts

OEM optional rear lip, diffuser repainted gloss black

STi 04 taillight conversion

JDM STi hood scoop

Bosch ICON wiper blades

3-way adjustable Sunroof

Interior:

CF Trim full front and rear kit

Legacy GT shift knob

OEM boost gauge

Infinity door speakers

Full dynamatted trunk, wheelwells and front doors for exhaust drone and speaker rattles.

Wheels/Tires:

18x8.5 +45 SSR SP1 Professors

Hankook Ventus S1 EVO's (225/40/18), 5mm spacers for the rear, no rubbing - rolled fenders

Suspension:

RSR Down Sus Ti2000 springs

KYB AGX adjustable struts

Cusco front and rear sway bars, Perrin endlinks

Whiteline steering rack, rear differntial, Diff carrier, shifter linkage, pivot linkage bushings

Front and rear adjustable Whiteline camber kits

Perfectly corner weighted Prodrive spec'd alignment

Brakes:

STi "Limited" Brembo front calipers, Hawk HPS pads, Brembo rotors, stainless lines

Subaru "H6" rear brake upgrade, OEM pads and rotors, stainless lines

Engine/Drivetrain:

Cryo-treated Rallispec STi RA gearbox built by XX Tuning, ACT street clutch and new '03 TSB flywheel

2004 Rear differential replaced due to light whining from factory unit

Redline Heavy Shockproof fluid in gearbox/diff

PnP VF34

JDM STi pink injectors

3" B&B wrapped divorced catted downpipe (with cat in correct lower positon)

3" GReddy EVO 2 cat-back exhaust

Walbro 255 fuel pump

JDM STi uppipe

PnP and coated exhaust manifolds

STi TMIC

WRX Hood Scoop Splitter

Hallman MBC

Injen CAI

Custom ICS tune

Launch control 5250 rpm

Stein

Stein
first!

and also: TTIWWP

somebody had to say it
default_additional_twak.gif

Iboc_C64

Wow, 2 months? WTF did he do to it, split it in half or something? Sure it didn't permanantly damage something? Last time I had something take that long in a shop I had an engine and transmission pulled and rebuilt, the engine got pulled twice and I had the steering system replaced too.

STI KID

well like a month and a half...ummm basically drove my car when i had gone home for the night we were all drinking ..so i left my car there and had my gf drive me home..25mins later i get a phone call from another friend...he was basically fooling around in MY fast car and clearly couldn't drive it..ummm basically theres like 9k worth of damage. its basically is ALL rear suspension damage no frame damage or anythign thank god. but Frank Gallos in Saco is goin to fix it up for me. i have pics on my dads camera ill upload it here in the next day or two..So any one with some good ideas to spend my extra money on? haha..oh and ya his insurance is covering EVERYTHING.

-----Added 10/6/2009 at 05:19:16-----

haha and also TTIWWP?? dunno what that means...

STI KID

hahahaha that's funny. well i have pics up of my car in the gallery section "cool whip" and im planning on uploading the damage pics either tonight or tomorrow..

Stein

Stein
coow wihip
default_additional_twak.gif

a grand? Well you have exhaust and suspension... and sways... I don't know, go for a BOV and a retune?

Iboc_C64

If my friends ever did this... actually they would never do this. They know if they did, painful death would follow shortly after. They knew not to do that even when I was driving an POS pontiac. I'm very picky about my cars. If my friends so much as scratch my car they know I will make them pay for the repair, not 100% if its minor, but they still pay thier share. That being said, I know not to park in my friends tight driveways anymore. Fate, it seems, also has a cruel sense of humor. I'm picky and yet I can't seem to keep everybody and everything from hitting it.

STI KID

yaa it sucks. i just left my keys so they could move it in the morning if people needed to leave in the am before i got back...and they know not to drive it. but for some reason they did. and the only thing saving his life is that all of its getttin fixed/paid for by him and i get some on top
default_additional_party.gif
...so any ideas for any mods i could buy? gonna have about 1000$ to spend on whatever... was thinking 3 piece oem rear lipkit..rain guards..mudflaps...and someone made a suggestion of bov & retune/dyno ..which i am kind of leaning towards.. any other ideas maybe?

GClark

Well you have suspension, hpower, audio, brakes, and interior so your pretty much set. I think a nice dedicated set of winter tires + rims is a must in the Maine winters.($400 used) Then some Rally Armor UR's(cause their teh sex, $150) and retune($200?) like nate said. JDM rain guards($150) are sick too. Then $100 for gas and munchies.

About the BOV... http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468038

or give me the $$$!
default_additional_party.gif

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
sounds like you already have lots of toys on, time to upgrade your interface with the road...winter roads that is

dedicated winter wheels n tires will make a HUGE difference in your snow-road fun factor

to protect car a bit from your goombah buddies (not to mention your own backroad antics), how about 3/8" Primitive skidplates F and R

full disclosure: I have unused Primitive rear skid F/S w/all hardware, $75
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Holy ****!!!! I'd kill my friends!! They bent all the wheels, what the hell did they do?!?!?!

Latest posts

Back