BLMPKN's LOWERED 05 OBXT! **UPDATED 1/8/13**

Jamey

You need a transmission jack
default_smile.png

You need a transmission jack
default_smile.png

Meyagi

I'm a hack
yeah like dave said, we can lift a 5mt up on to the trans jack. the 6mt is f'in heavy though. 

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Alright, time for a long overdue update! Lots of new exiting shit has happened since january.. so here goes.

Well start with my Perrin topmount and GFB infinitely adjustable BOV, Stage 2 ate the stock units so it was time for an upgrade.

21dim2h.jpg

2a77r7c.jpg

The stock radiator blew completely apart (STUPID 3 piece design) at 247k, so a Mishimoto aluminum rad and fancy hoses came next

a3z61z.jpg

2zrgob6.jpg

Then I lost first gear. Bought a complete STI drivetrain off ebay and gave the car a severe meyagi-ing, Im glad I didnt replace my blown trans with a 5 speed. 6 speed has been my favorite mod so far hands down! Dry pavement donuts FTMFW.

Got bored with my exhaust so I made a full 3" catback with some GIANT mystery can. No pipe bender, so the pie slice method was employed. This was my first time doing it, and im pretty happy with how it turned out.

o6ibno.jpg

ld0nk.jpg

Ive also started plastidipping my car black, I have the passengers side & rear bumper & drivers door and fender done. ill get around to the rest when I find some time (i hate having too much shit to do!)

Pretty sure that's it for now!

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Been awhile since my last real update, and this is a big one...

Pretty sure I've lost a ringland. Only running on 3 cylinders and it's smoking like a bitch from the oil filler neck. Just what I need after dumping a small fortune into the car last year (over 12k)

Not sure what is to become of this pain in the ass yet, but chances are it's gonna get parted out.

Ray

The Northernah'
You just gotta know when to let go of lemon cars, I just made that decision

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
265ish on the body, engine only has 45ish on it.

I'm probably going to be the first person ever to n/a swap a turbo subaru. I have too much invested to just ditch it, I've already been through a blown tranny I might as well stick with her through a heart transplant. The body is in good enough shape where I'm not worried.

As for the six speed, I got boned on that deal. Seller claimed perfect working order and it grinds into 4th and 5th as well as down into 4th and 5th. Never buy squat from taes used auto parts in Tampa florida!

I have a lot to think about concerning what route I'm going to take in getting a car back on the road. Is like to take the cheapest route but I'm really tired of having a broke down car or something always nagging to be fixed, so reliability is #1.

As of right now what id like to do is get the motor out of my forester rebuilt for a n/a swap, get the stupid 6speed rebuilt (unless I can sell it for a sum of money I'd be willing to take) and scrap or sell the rest of my giant pile of parts.

urabusturbo

Sorry to hear. It is very discouraging when you go underwater on an investment that large. If you do part it out I need some things for my 05 lgt.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Intercoolers yours if you want it man, some fins are squashed from the splitter but it's not too bad.

If the turbo is still usable after a broken ringland then that's all yours too, I'd let that go pretty cheap.

Can't get rid of any interior bits though, I'm gonna go through with a new motor.

Send me a pm

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back