BLMPKN's LOWERED 05 OBXT! **UPDATED 1/8/13**

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Update! (finally, been busy)

Ended up getting out of my blown motor scare with just a coil and plug. Awesome.

Installed a mishimoto throttle body coupler, eBay stainless exhaust, and a PTP lava turbo blanket. Throttle body coupler wasn't the easiest to install, but it works a ton better than the beat up leaking stock unit. It's red too! The blanket also wasn't the easiest to tie to the turbo with big hands, but I got it on there good after some swearing. Made a good difference in the butt dyno and intake temps are definitely lower overall. I definitely reccomend.

I need a fuel tank for a sticker, buying a used one from fleabay along with a dw65c fuel pump and shiny new capped lug nuts. Excited about having a nice pump, one step closer to the 300hp club! However, the fact that the rear subframe needs to come out to replace the tank is a bit retarded...

Pics eventually.

DevineLegacy

Damn, I always wondered if you were on here. I see you around all the time, and I just finally saw you at the Apple in gray. To get to say something. Your car is nasty just like I said when I saw you haha. Amazing build

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Damn, I always wondered if you were on here. I see you around all the time, and I just finally saw you at the Apple in gray. To get to say something. Your car is nasty just like I said when I saw you haha. Amazing build
Thanks dude, this car has been a pain in the ass and has made me way broke but I love it. For the most part lol. I'm relatively sure we're running the same exhaust too.

In the works of de-plastidipping. It's not the most fun I've ever had that's for sure, seems to me when it gets old and Sun beaten it doesn't peel nearly as easy as it does fresh. Really can't wait to get this car 're-painted

DevineLegacy

Yeah I wondered if you had fixed it up. Last time I saw your exhaust up at cole fahms with a buddy of mine it was looking pretty rough. Did you go back to duals? Are you going to the drive on the 26th as well? Love to see ya up there.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Yeap that giant canned exhaust I made myself for 70$. If you go back through this thread I'm pretty sure I detailed the build of it. Unfortunately the can was wayyy to large and hung down too far since my bumper doesn't have the cutouts. It got smashed to hell and I decided to pick up the 280$ stainless dual setup off eBay. Its for a legacy sedan but it fits well enough on my car so I'm happy with it.

The fill in the mufflers is pretty wiped out at this point too, it sounds a lot better than when I had just put it on IMO.

Obv I didn't get to the group drive, I've just been way too busy with assorted projects to really get a chance to do fun shit like that (lame) but I suppose it's better than being bored all the time!

Not much new with the old obxt. I'm just hoping it's smooth sailing untill I finally get my forester on the road.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Also, according to my accessport.. wrapping my downpipe and installing a turbo blanket has awarded about another 1.5-2 psi of boost. I've seen over 18psi quite a few times since install, the stage 2 map is only supposed to be 16.5.

Before the wrap and blanket I would still see overboost but it would rarely reach 17.

Intake air temps have also been reduced considerably, and I'm still running the stock intake. It would mean a bigger difference to those with a short ram.

Latest posts

Back