brz

katnip

the car is black. I swear
seriously considering selling the STi for a BRZ. 1. because I can afford a new BRZ and NOT and new STi. 2. Because it's time to go to the dark side (ie RWD).

my biggest issue with upgrading to any new car is all the frackin nanny devises. STi has none, ABS is fully dissabled.

Found a few articles and debates on being able to turn off ABS, EBD, SC and TC. Thought I would ask if anyone on here has any knowledge.

Well, if all goes as planned I will have one late September or earlier October. I am retiring the Impreza from daily duty to rallyx/winter car. If you want to wait till then I will gladly test all theories out.

katnip

Well, if all goes as planned I will have one late September or earlier October. I am retiring the Impreza from daily duty to rallyx/winter car. If you want to wait till then I will gladly test all theories out.
haha.  that is when I figure I will buy too.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Traction control should be easy to defeat, the Electronic brake-force distribution may be as simple as disconnecting one of the ABS sensors. 

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Aftermarket is busy solving exactly those same plobrems. If you unhook stuff, prepare to tape off parts of the dash to hide the flashing nanny lites!

katnip

they will get left alone most of the time. I want ABS off full time, everything else needs to be off whilst playing in the dirt, tarmac drifting and in the snow.  There is nothing that makes a rwd vehicle more useless in the snow than traction control.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
funny, you don't LOOK like a guinea pig, Kat!!  But I think that's exactly the role that early adopters and enthusiast BRZ owers are going to play.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Traction control is on a switch.  It is still on very little when it is switched off.  From what I have been seeing it would be fine for street, but maybe a little too much for dirt use.  There is a pedal on off A-B-Up-Down type thing that puts the car in maintenance mode.  But you would have to do that every time you turned on the car.

katnip

Traction control is on a switch.  It is still on very little when it is switched off.  From what I have been seeing it would be fine for street, but maybe a little too much for dirt use.  There is a pedal on off A-B-Up-Down type thing that puts the car in maintenance mode.  But you would have to do that every time you turned on the car.
yeah I saw the 10 second tap dance. wtf. in most vehicles off isn't REALLY off. GM trucks turn both traction and stability off and you need to work HARD to get a tank slapper out of it.  You can still feel the brakes coming on and the engine depowering. I hate dumb drivers for bringing us to the day that we can't drive our car the way we want because they are idiots and can't drive. grrrrr

katnip

unfortunately, finding that the FR-S is a less expensive car than the brz, may go that route

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
BRZ has a higher std equipment level. DO NOT ABANDON SUBARU IN RETURN FOR A PALTRY FEW BUCKO$...

(LOL, easy for me to spend YOUR money...)

Toyota....eeeew! Their stability/trac control chimes are extremely annouying

Last edited by a moderator:

Hexum

While they may be lacking in straight line speed (yes I know, not their purpose) they are extremely sexy.

Do it, do it now! (and let the rest of us drift vicariously through you).

blehhh

I imagine driving the BRZ at its limit is a lot like driving one of those governed go-karts, flat out around a tiny track, where you never even lift.

Trainable

yeah I saw the 10 second tap dance. wtf. in most vehicles off isn't REALLY off. GM trucks turn both traction and stability off and you need to work HARD to get a tank slapper out of it.  You can still feel the brakes coming on and the engine depowering. I hate dumb drivers for bringing us to the day that we can't drive our car the way we want because they are idiots and can't drive. grrrrr
IIRC when I talked to a friend (auto-xer) after he got his FRS even with the traction control on the car is pretty playful and when it's switched to "off" the car gives you plenty of rope to hang yourself with.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I imagine driving the BRZ at its limit is a lot like driving one of those governed go-karts, flat out around a tiny track, where you never even lift.
You either need to work on your imagination, or spend more time at the track.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I agree with video guys statement, "having the best live rear axle ever is like saying you are the healthiest guy in intensive care". That heavy old axle is is one thing hate about mustang if you want to turn. Drag racing its fine but blah.

I like BRZ more. Disclaimer though, I am not about to buy either any time soon because my kids have legs.

Latest posts

Back