Bugeye possible transmission issue

Projectbugeye

Haven’t seen a thread on this yet 03 wrx only “mods” are sti intercooler and sti downpipe was in reverse kind of made a grinding sound so i stopped and went to move again felt like the ebrake was on so put it in first did the same thing just kept going and ever since I hear a whining/rattling sound coming from some where under the dash towards front of tranny absolutely no drive ability issues just the sound happens when coasting or in gear when you let off the throttle if I’m on throttle it can be heard very very faintly almost goes away doesn’t happen in first and known issues are bad cv stock and original tranny of 253k very well could be the tranny but want some ideas if anyone has ran into this

evil jeff prime

That noise is your center differential eating itself. Happened to me twice with my '03. Something to do with some clip that holds that diff in place lets go/breaks, and allows the diff to move around. Lobstah's right though, you're going to be better off just finding another transmission somewhere.

Latest posts

Back