Butler & Mac Master. Car down, again ...

Ryan

where are they saying contact was made? If they suggested that the valve relief was contact, they should not be in business. seriously.

That's exactly what they are telling me.

And yes, valve rim is perfectly round. If the piston was making contact, there would be much more damage.

Mike when you do get ahold of them (I'm gonna call again tomorrow), tell them that you've seen the valve and piston I took from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was asking about this part(circled in black)

3Y3rZ.jpg

Well the valve that failed didn't fail from being bent because of the reasons everyone has said. It either falls on them or the valve company(if the valve is found to have been defective). A valve can not take the force required to make those reliefs nor could they make them that perfect and machined.

GMan

I'm no mechanic but I think that the engine build was botched. You said that the clearance on the valves was supposed to be .08 and they said they set it to .14 or something like that. Sounds like they set it up with the wrong settings. Not good!

i-wagon

Valve relief was the valve hitting? Counds like they're trying to bs their way out of being responsible

Ryan

Well it blows my mind that they want to only discuss this theory of the intake valves hitting the pistons, yet avoid to talk about what really caused the failure.

Matt

is there any sign on the other pistons of the valves hitting the piston? be it that they were set at almost double what they should be youd think there be some sign of it, with it being set at that gap did the valve seat properly in the head? misfire codes?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
that is complete BS. do you have pictures of the parts when they came in? I would bring those in and drop them on their desk. They seriously cannot be that dense.

GMan

Hey, what's up! Noticed you are going to the Sept. meet. Cool! I was wondering how it was going with your engine.

Ryan

They're taking their sweet old time (and I've given them PLENTY of it). They wanted my stock pistons to measure them against the Mahle's that were in there... basically them stalling. It's hard now since I'm back at school and don't have much time to deal with this POOP. I plan on calling them tomorrow and laying it all down for them. Sick of dicking around.

Ryan

They finally got to measuring the stock pistons vs. the Mahle's that were in there -- no discrepencys found.

Should be making progress or at least a game plan for getting things moving here as far as getting a new motor in order.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
This is why my theory is always do it yourself. You will learn far more and know much more about your car and how it operates. Trust yourself and not rely on someone who may not know as much about ur car or type of car as you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

ehh, building high performance motors isn't for the novice mechanic....takes a lot of work to make sure things are right, I would personally leave it to a professional considering I think you're block alone was like 3 grand right.

Latest posts

Back