Darth Wagon begins to immerge from the depths of averageness

inski

Still have this car.  Just recently started driving it again while the kid is away.

So far,

STi springs,

Kartboy links front and rear

17mm rear sway bar.

kartboy short shift

kartboy shifter bushings

2000 Forester "S" Wheels..blackened

Prodrive axle back

02 WRX lengthened mid pipe with short resonator.

07 WRX seats

chrome delete rear taillites

de-badged

6 disc stereo

3/16 skidplate

25% tint

new pics soon

cwiggin

She looks good, love black on black. Beer looks good too
default_wink.png

inski

Been listening to a slight knock while cruising, just barely in the throttle.  Never did it before.  But, its gone as soon as you give it any kind of torque, or if its at zero throttle.  I'm 94.75% sure its the timing belt tensioner.

144k, guess its time for a tensioner, clutch and throw out bearing.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Mine has always done that...from day one. joel and I made a rex do it off the lot.

Stock tunes knock at low load levels while cruising.  It's a fact!  The factory runs them on the lean side for fuel economy/EPA-high-fiving, which can cause some slight-moderate knock at these loads.  The slightest vacuum leak can make it bad enough to be audible.

If inski thinks there's a mechanical prob with his, he's probably right, since he babysits these all day.

i-wagon

Been listening to a slight knock while cruising, just barely in the throttle. Never did it before. But, its gone as soon as you give it any kind of torque, or if its at zero throttle. I'm 94.75% sure its the timing belt tensioner.

144k, guess its time for a tensioner, clutch and throw out bearing.
if you do the work at home I can come over and give you a hand

smelt240

You had better not be stealing my idea of a totally blacked out lowered black 06-07 Wagon!  Ours has a scoop on the hood, so its different I guess.  Can you post a pic of the tails? We were going to have that done next. I have never seen this thread....boy, is the wife going to be mad at you....

inski

I have tail lamp pics in my photobucket somewhere. I'll find them tonight.

Matt I'll probably do the clutch at work.  The tensioner I'll have to investigate first.  Basically just run it with the cover off and see if the tensioner is bouncing excessively, and listen with my screw driver stethoscope.

Stock tunes knock at low load levels while cruising.  It's a fact!  The factory runs them on the lean side for fuel economy/EPA-high-fiving, which can cause some slight-moderate knock at these loads.  The slightest vacuum leak can make it bad enough to be audible.

If inski thinks there's a mechanical prob with his, he's probably right, since he babysits these all day.
I hope that's what it is.  Though, a timing belt tensioner isn't a huge problem.  I'd just rather spend money upgrading instead of fixing shit.

Latest posts

Back