Do cops hassle you much over exhausts?

stiXXX

<I run a completely cat-less HKS Hi-Power,Carbon Ti exhaust.

I've never been hassled with the plug in, or out.

In fact, I punched it in front of a local sherrif leaving a 7-11 parking lot at midnight, a couple nights ago. He didn't do a thing, and since he chased me down 302 and into a parking lot for no good reason, (nazi!) I'd hazard if my exhaust was too loud, he would have pulled me over. He missed the missing front license plate, ararar!

S

shorty2

I was just out terrorizing the countryside, windows down and heater on. It was nice to hear the old girl again.

Rightseat

barn session this weekend, helped put a "HKS Hi Powa Yo Doods" size XXXXXL fart can turboback on a friend's wagoon...we'll see how long before he gets The Treatment.

that thing sounds sweet, but is the most hilariously huge fart can evAr seended on a Scooby
default_smile.png
default_biggrin.png

Dave, my HKS will shoot watermelons, not pumpkins. :)

We'll see how long it takes before I'm stopped/followed.

I drive like an old lady anyway! ;-)

Cheers! John

jcovey2.5

i have never been pulled over for my exhaust

and i have a HKS Hi-Power, DP, UP, Headers, and no cats.

and it looks like i have a bazooka straped under my car haha
default_wink.png

its on the louder side when crusing, but not too bad. when u step on in it, that's when it rowrs.

i love it... ;D

and in my oppion the fart can is the best looking for a performance exhaust,

u just cant get as loud with something that looks stock.

Ferrari

Stage -11ty

I have to disagree. I've had too many exhausts on my car. However, my current Perrin twin-tip catback is almost as loud as the ebay catless turboback I was running last year. I also have had the HKS Hi-Power catback and it was not even close to volume that the Perrin puts out! In the next month or so, I'll be running fully catless and I can't wait to hear how loud this thing is! >
default_wink.png

ruggedman

I have to disagree. I've had too many exhausts on my car. However, my current Perrin twin-tip catback is almost as loud as the ebay catless turboback I was running last year. I also have had the HKS Hi-Power catback and it was not even close to volume that the Perrin puts out! In the next month or so, I'll be running fully catless and I can't wait to hear how loud this thing is! >
default_wink.png
The Perrin twin tip is insane loud. The face melter has that catless perrin setup if you've been to an auto-x you've heard it. He used to run the fart can invidia and it was a lot better sounding but looked absurd. Now it looks nice and sounds absurd
default_smile.png

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Lets talk about loud exhausts. My bpm cant be much bigger then the stocker and its one of if not the loudest exhaust made for the scooby. I think its second in Db to a straight pipe and the local PD tell me all the time. They even give me fancy little blue notes reminding me to change it. O0

Dave6265

I've run the jdm sti genome, and scoobysport in the ogunquit/wells area for the last 3 summers with out of state tags and have never gotten a second glance.. take that for what it's worth. Keep one cat on and you'll be fine.

Honestly, in my experience with cops, its all about WHO is driving the car. if they see a kid with a hat on bass ackwards sitting low ( like me ), then they follow you everywhere. also the current law is 95 db, way louder than the olde 83db we had last year. plus it states that for ANY modified exaust systems you have to have a certificate stating that it is under 95db. Cy's foriegn auto across from L/A harley doe this sort of testing. i haven't been pulled over yet but i had mine tested and im at 108 db... oops. ;D

Dave6265

2.5 is all you need for a 2 liter with the stock turbo.. The Genome was louder, and I got a look or two but once the local cops saw me around for longer than a week I was fine. I wave to all cops and I don't jerk around on public roads. I'll be back up in the ogunquit/wells area May 20th ish..so if anyone sees a wrb bugeye on gold gramlights that's me!

yea that's a sharp setup. wish the piping was a little bigger though. ..

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
2.5 is all you need for a 2 liter with the stock turbo.. The Genome was louder, and I got a look or two but once the local cops saw me around for longer than a week I was fine. I wave to all cops and I don't jerk around on public roads. I'll be back up in the ogunquit/wells area May 20th ish..so if anyone sees a wrb bugeye on gold gramlights that's me!

yea that's a sharp setup. wish the piping was a little bigger though. ..
I'll look for you. I am in Kbunk. hoping to set up a garage day at some point when it gets warmer.

Latest posts

Back