driving stick: what to do in this situation

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
anything to 05 didn't like going from second to first unless stopped
fixed that for you.

Supposedly after 05 they double syncro'd first, some say it helps some say it doesn't.

You can try to double clutch and get into first I guess, most subaru gearboxes don't like hitting first unless you are stopped.

Marino

I <3 BOOST
02 to 05 didn't like going from second to first unless stopped
fixed that for you.

Supposedly after 05 they double syncro'd first, some say it helps some say it doesn't.

You can try to double clutch and get into first I guess, most subaru gearboxes don't like hitting first unless you are stopped.
haha that explains it!
default_biggrin.png

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
the brat goes into first gear at like 20mph. its weird.
That's because its a 4spd dual range. They were pretty much junk wth shitty synchros from the factory lol. Is the shifter all sloppy in all gears?

skipow

nah the shiftng is real tight. not sloppy at all. i was just super surprised i could downshift into first at like 10mph. the wrx wont let me touch first until im nearly at a dead stop.

korebit

this kind of thing happens to me all the time, the car doesn't ever really want to downshift into first.  Usually I just leave it in second.

KamB

Kam Berry
My car does at times. I usually just send it. Shifting with no clutch is the way I do it now, not kidding. If you know your car, it won't grind pop anything. Slip right in. I would have downshifted if I was in the mood to rev it up and mess around but just cruising I would have stuck with second.

Latest posts

Back