Front springs

REXWGN03

This is probably going to sound dumb, but here we go. I want to minimize the amount of wheel gap on my wagon. I have 18's on the car and the back sits nicely. The fron is a different story. There is a lot of wheel gap. Can you order just front springs to bring it down an inch or 2/ If so, what would be a good, relativley cost efficent brand to go with? :dontknow:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
your best bet would be to get a full set of new springs and get the saggy butt spacers to bring the back up to where it is now with shorter springs.

can you post up a pic?

the springs you will be most happy with depends on what you consider "sitting nicely"

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
New, the only thing I've ever seen aftermarket are sets of 4.

Now a cheaper way out of it would be to do STI springs. It is about a 3/4" drop, but it really doesn't take much to level it off. I've seen sets used for $50-$100, new the fronts are $93ea. New SPT pinks are about the same drop for $63ea.

My Prodrives evened out the wheel gap perfectly, and now the car sits with a slight forward rake. Which I happen to like. It is about a 1" drop on 18's.

But keep in mind, springs are made to work in sets. If you mix and match springs you will probably end up with a car that isn't very balanced.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
like this

Joelscar003-1.jpg

Trevor723

Speaking of showing off... here's my car on the STI specific prodrive springs, I don't seem to have gotten quite the drop that most people get with the WRX versions for some reason or another.... only 17s here though:

4_23_08_04.jpg

REXWGN03

I'll post a pic later today. It's weird though, the back sits pretty tight to the wheel but there is a ton of gap in the front.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
If you look at the rocker panel, the car probably sits level. It's that the front wheel well is cut deeper.

Rightseat

doods, please don't forget the fact that WHEEL TRAVEL is one of the key things that makes a Subaru drive like a Subaru on rough Maine roads. (ie, you can go like hell even if the road is boompy)

that "wheel gap" ppl complain about is what helps keep the car from bottoming out on dips n doodles.

remove the wheel gap, welcome to de bump stops.

fixing the wheel gap involves a significant tradeoff that not everybody will be happy with.

ruggedman

doods, please don't forget the fact that WHEEL TRAVEL is one of the key things that makes a Subaru drive like a Subaru on rough Maine roads. (ie, you can go like hell even if the road is boompy)

that "wheel gap" ppl complain about is what helps keep the car from bottoming out on dips n doodles.

fixing the wheel gap involves a significant tradeoff that not everybody will be happy with.
This man speaks the TROOF.

Maintaining suspension travel should be high on most people's agendas
default_frown.gif

REXWGN03

Yeah but with 18's on the car I don't really hammer down bumpy roads so that I don't bend a wheel. Maybe I should just be super cool and put some hydraulics on it. That way I can slam it in the a summer and keep it up in the winter :thumbsup:

katnip

the car is black. I swear
you guys don't know wheel gap. :nono: this is wheel gap:

HPIM0382.jpg

and its pretty even too

-=Lobstah=-

Front springs........ :confused2:

I dont like them, especially stock Forester XT ones
default_biggrin.png
they almost took out a window in my neighbors apartment
default_smile.png

Latest posts