Goodies for the RA!

EvilAsPie

You know Akina, with all the talk here and conversations we've had, if you're going to do a swap JDM or USDM and then leave it stock and be happy then why would you go through all the extra trouble with an old motor (that you said you would rebuild anyway) that's OBDI with way different wiring harnesses, etc, etc.

Just through a USDM WRX or STi engine in there are call it good. But if your really want to find that EJ20G with a closed deck, then you should build it to put out what a closed deck can take!! >
default_wink.png

Otherwise it is really worth the hassle?

Oh, and before we start another 10 page thread about what engine Akina'changeshismindeverythreeseconds'star should swap into his car let me inform you that this "swap" is not going to happen with in the next 10 years, 5 years if he's lucky.
default_tongue.png

The boy wants to buy a house here pretty soon, and trust me any swap money just got tighter.

;D 8)

akinaspeedstar

Akina'changeshismindeverythreeseconds'star

that may be the funniest thing i have seen all week ;D

haha i never said that i was going to swap my car anytime in the near future.

"and it's all rather moot cause i don't have the cash to do anything anyway. :D"i basicly don't have a TV anymore and just spend the night's looking up random crap on the internet. haha

if i was really smart i'd just buy a WRX and call it a day. haha

but i do aprecate the info ;D but now i guess i need to go look up something else on the internet tonight hahaha

Suby25

Geez.. you guys must think I'm a scooby noobie....

This is the second swap on this car... first was an EJ22T. I did run a WRX intercooler...yes I know it fits with THAT motor. What you're not realizing is that the idle air controller sits right where the BOV is on a WRX IC... it WILL NOT FIT in the stock location. If you don't mind moving it then, yes, it should fit.

The EJ22 in the 91-94 T. Leggies are closed deck, and 2.2L But there's more nightmare associated with that swap i'm sure!
Yep, and I was speaking in the JDM 2.0L realm. EJ22T swap is the same difficulty as a V1-6 JDM swap. Same "OBD1" wiring you have to deal with. EJ22T heads have zero high flow capacity though. Mid/low end power is great but top end does not exist.

From a swapping perspective, especially for someone on a budget, a 2.0L USDM WRX motor is a great value. You get the benefit of open source tuning and much newer technology. USDM WRX motor with up/down pipes, catback, and a stage 2 reflash absolutely hauls ass in a GC body.

I guess that's all for now... you guys sure are good at getting off topic!!!

EvilAsPie

im still doing all my research for the engines right now. i liked the JDM for the price, the build quality, and the power. but a USDM swap is just easier to mod and work with after the fact. im still weighing it out, and it's all rather moot cause i don't have the cash to do anything anyway.
You got that post in 3 hundreds of a second before i did! Just like A/X i guess. :
default_wink.png

BTW, great work on the RA Suby25!

Keep it coming.

Suby25

I don't have any plans to change the color at this point. Brilliant Red GC's aren't that common.

Oh, and I also have rear aero guards to install too. >
default_wink.png

Suby25

Moar goodies!!

A'pexi Power FC standalone EMS with commander. Time to finally start buying some power mods again.

DSC01067.jpg

>
default_smile.png

Suby25

Si. A'pexi Power FC (Full Computer) with Commander (handheld programmer). It's a standalone EMS for my EJ20G swap. Old school.
default_smile.png

Suby25

Time for some serious updates:

- UK WRX wheels

- Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs tires

- OEM fog covers

- hood struts

Over the past six months or so I've managed to accumulate everything I need to finally make some real power.

-A'pexi Power FC with Commander

-Walbro 255 lph fuel pump

-Aeromotive adjustable FPR

-EJ25D fuel rails

-Deatchwerks 650 cc side feed injectors

-Turbosmart fuel rail adapter

-Misc plumbing and fittings

-Hallman MBC

My S-03's really started to show their age and were deafening to drive on, so I started looking around for something different. I found a set of UK WRX wheels for a price I couldn't pass up and bought them.

30223_0.jpg

Add in these:

IMG_0404.jpg

And you get:

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0410_edited.jpg

IMG_0423_edited.jpg

Suby25

Looks like a great setup. Must be a blast to drive!?!
It's getting there, needs a tune big time.

A peak at part of what's to come (fuel pressure regulator, injectors, and fuel pump not pictured):

IMG_0434.jpg

Suby25

8/25/08. More progress made this weekend, I spent a few days plumbing my aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, heat wrapping my intercooler piping, finishing my catch cans, and replacing all pre/post turbo exhaust gaskets.

A few pics with the car torn apart:

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

All put back together:

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

Latest posts

Back