I GIVE UP! Possible evap problem

Ray

The Northernah'
So for a while now my car has been acting up. Here are the symptoms:

-Car sputters and backfires And loses power at about 5K Rpm's

-However if I ease Into the throttle And let the RPMs claims very slowly it will smoothly go through the RPMs.

-It fills really slowly at the gas station

-At around one quarter of a tank, If I go around a corner fast the car dies for 5-10 seconds, then comes Right back to life.

Things I've tried:

- Replaced evap solenoid Next to Charcoal canister

-Cleaned out charcoal canister that was all broken up inside.

-Even tried retuning the car. With an access-port

I know it's hard to diagnose over the Internet but has anybody had similar symptoms??

Really appreciate any info or advice!

Ray

The Northernah'
It was until I retuned, dumb me forgot to check it with the accessport, no fear, it will be back on soon, always comes back! Haha

dsmith

idk about everything else really, but I know that the td04 looses power after 5k RPMS. it tapers downwards a lot. not sure if that's what you mean by losing power but worth throwing out there.

Ray

The Northernah'
Not Definitely not like that, It almost sounds like anti-lag launch control haha I wish I could post videos but I only have my phone, Waiting on a laptop battery.

Matt

I can't see the videos on my phone but a bad upstream o2 sensor will make the car like complete ass. Check the code and report back fresh ray

Vertigo101

Once you go Subaru nothing else is the same
Maybe I can post videos....

Well that's not right for sure.

My car is whisper quiet replaced no exhaust with stock 02 wrx exhaust. I do hope you get your problem fixed soon ray that car is beastly!

02 WRX Chris

With is stumbling that bad, do you think it may be a fuel pump??  Checked the fuel pressure while driving or the air fuel gauge?  

Ray

The Northernah'
That ha crossed my mind, idk how I check my fuel pressure or my air fuel, I dot have an accessport anymore haha

02 WRX Chris

doh! well then....i dunno man.  It seems like the more boost you get, your car goes all crazy so that lean towards no enough fuel.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
fuel pumps just die most of the time. like matt said i kinda suspect the front 02 sensor.

and chris i still want my intake manifold back. now.

Ray

The Northernah'
I've filled up twice since I cleaned out the charcoal canister, and it's filled up like it should! Still running like poo, CEL is back. Ill get that read soon.

02 WRX Chris

Mike, I told you when your gonna get your manifold back so you can stop bugging me about it.

Ray

The Northernah'
Maybe it's my FPR? The cel was an evap system leak I remember that now. Cleaning the charcoal canister seemed to have fixed the filling issue, the evap leak could even be as simple as a bad gas cap. And maybe the sputtering, backfiring is unrelated to the evap leak...

Matt

I've never seen an evap code lead to poor running conditions. All it really does it recirculate fuel vapors.

Latest posts

Back