I-wagons 14 fozzy

i-wagon

So, boss lady doesn't like paying 500/mo for fuel in the frontier. As much as i did like that truck, i still wanted to get back in to a manual transmission Subaru. So i got on evergreens site to see what they had, found this and fell in love.

2014 forester 2.5i base. Dark gray metallic, 6mt. With it i got trailer hitch, full weathertech package, Yakima racks, and window tint. I have a ton of random led bulbs I'll be putting in. Planning drl delete, red logo rally armor basic plus flaps (from the truck) finding a way to mount the 3 (or 4) hellas i have. Want to get crosstrek wheels (has steelies) and geolandars. Pics later

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

Owned the car 3 hours, already disabled drls, led "city lights", reverse lights and dome lights. Looked at how to mount the driving lights. Decided that's for another day. Horns and flaps should be next

i-wagon

So far: 2 hella trumpet horns in the grille (2 more coming) and the rear rally armors on. Fronts were so easy to mock up and drill, but the push rivets holding everything together were a touch too short and grenaded when i tried reassembly. Rears had to be cut a little funky. Done engineer thought it was a good idea to make a plastic clip, with a mild steel captive nut inside, to hold the splash guards on. Yeah those had to be dremeled apart. Day off tomorrow for a home inspection the a radio software update, hoping a trip to Napa for push rivets. Pics are taking forever to upload....

i-wagon

Scoob https://imgur.com/a/A5sre

Linking the whole album, don't have motivation to do individual pics. Shown parked next to the lifted imp ( gf's) and one with mother in laws 3.0 ll bean outback in the background. After the tint, other flaps and roof racks it should look pretty good except the silver steelies and highway tires -.- hoping someone buys my bike so i can buy wheels and geolandars. They discontinued the at-s in the size i wanted but do the g015, they look ok and are severe snow rated so that's a plus

i-wagon

Fozz https://imgur.com/a/nkdol

Yellow led bulbs that were in the fog lights in the frontier. They actually throw a lot of light and weren't big money. Have a new radio coming since the bluetooth doesn't work in this one. Another week or 2 waiting on yakima racks. Tint in a couple days. I'm going nuts waiting for my motorcycle to sell, want crosstrek wheels and geolandar at-s's before they sell out

Bulbs are calais cob from amazon if anyone is curious

i-wagon

I'd pondered the one size taller tires, tire rack still has some g012 (at-s) on closeout, but apparently there's no shortage of them in the stock size, and i don't want to kill my mileage. Even without the severe snow rating, think I'll take the original geolandar all terrain. Looks better, gf's imp goes anywhere she wants with them (at 1/4 tread) and I'm not sold on the g015 yet.

Have a guy that wants to look at my bike later:)

i-wagon

Let there be light https://imgur.com/a/5tzuh

Plans drawn up for a light mount. 3 hellas just like the truck. Already have a switch, place to put it and wiring mostly figured out. Looked at really innovations bar, looks awesome but only holds 2. Ssd bar looks nice but i can't for the life of me figure out how it attaches. This will use the license plate holes and 2 bolt holes on lower radiator support much like what i did on my imp, plus one that goes back behind the center light so there shouldn't be much stress on the bumper and most of the bracing will be behind the plate or painted to match it's surroundings

i-wagon

Pieces all cut and drilled. Now i need some time with my welder

Correction: bracket is built, need paint

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

Sound effects called, got pushed back a week. Guess their tint guy only comes one a week and won't be in tomorrow, so next Tuesday. Light bar built. Tomorrow afternoon lights go on and wiring starts

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I'd look into having Jun tint it. He's right in Lewiston. Charges around $175 for a forester and does great work.

i-wagon

Hellas https://imgur.com/a/QhH3Y

Broke a hella those morning trying to get it off the bar from the frontier. Luckily i had another in my garage and i didn't make the bar for the forester to take all 4. Had to run new wires in to the housings. Lost the grommet that goes through the firewall and i need wire protector for where the wiring is visible

i-wagon

I did find out new lenses don't like old housings, they flop and rattle, so if anyone breaks a lens they'd probably be better off buying a whole new set instead of just the lens

i-wagon

Just ordered a badge of ownership after seeing one on the fb page and realizing this was my 4th Subaru

Latest posts

Back