I-wagons frontier

i-wagon

Been a while, more front end issues, had front sway bushings lubed, uca/ball joint done, waiting on endlinks. Truck is going to have a whole new front end before warranty is up. Stainless material sitting in dad's garage awaiting light bar build, possible skid plate fab in the future as well

i-wagon

Found out whiteline makes poly front sway bushings for this beast, for 17 bucks, I couldn't see not buying them. Along with Philips LED bulbs for the rear cargo lamps to blind tailgaters

i-wagon

http://i.imgur.com/jn1zN8N.jpg I acquired a useful tool today. Lincoln power arc 4000 welder generator. Craigslist ftmfw yo. Wouldn't light 1/8" 7018, but it did 1/8 6011 and 6013, and makes enough juice to run my flux core mig. I'm now at 3 different Lincoln welders, and going to sell my previous stick welder

On the truck, pretty much just driving it, no more issues except my shifter console lights don't always light without a tap. Flushed my brakes, added a brake controller I'll likely never need. At 33k after a trip to Jefferson today

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
You drove to Jefferson and didn't stop by to say hi?!

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

So, I don't remember what I had I the other forum, and I don't want to change tabs on my phone, but as it stands I'm be ordering 2" suspension lift components after my daughter goes to bed tonight, I have a real good chance of being promoted the welder/fabricator at work, and if I have enough money left after putting some side for tires I'll look at borla muffler/vibrant resonator combo, 36k warranty is up, I'll take a sawzall to the tailpipe now knowing I can weld the muffler back on if I choose

i-wagon

I guess the only updates I had were that I bought a welder generator, bout frigged a shoulder cuz it started hard, made it electric start. But, I'm mobile for welding now. That rig has 30ft leads, and can run my mig, so I can go the the projects instead of having to get them close to my equipment

i-wagon

Didn't get the promotion, but....bilsteins will be here Monday, haven't heard from prg about add a leaf yet

i-wagon

And can't get prg to answer the phone any of the dozen times I've called this week. Finally left a message. Some guys on clubfrontier have had this kind of experience with him, others swear by him. We shall see I guess.

i-wagon

Just got the call back, he only had non plated u-bolts in stock and was waiting for the plated ones to ship with the leaves since he saw where I live. Said he could ship un plated today, or plated Monday. Kind of an obvious decision there. And he thought I should have them Friday or Saturday. I'm excited to have good news after a shit day

i-wagon

Our welder got promoted to supervisor. I'd been working with him the last few winters and been to school for it, and today got told they filed that position from outside.

i-wagon

I've been filling in for a month since he got promoted, and I was pretty disappointed when they let me know yesterday. I guess the guy that got it has years of experience doing bridge work. They'll still have me in there when necessary, and the gig I have now isn't bad. I start repairing plows and wings in September, build consumables and do repairs during the winter, spring time I get to run a sweeper when people take time off, and during the summer I work with a construction crew as a mason tender/mason/laborer and get chances to run backhoe when I'm on the crew leaders good side. I have it pretty good, but the raise would've been awesome

i-wagon

Bilsteins are sitting on the back seat of my truck, add a leaf kit shipping today. waiting for Greg at prg to answer one more question, and either buying an extra spacer or hoping for the best

i-wagon

Tailgate ez down came last night while I was chasing puddles at work. Ordered rear bilsteins last night, conversation with Greg about down travel in the front made me think about the extended travel rears. Now waiting on springs (eta tues) rear bilsteins (wed) and front spacers (no idea, waiting on Greg) if everything is going to be here before next weekend I might take a long weekend, install, And take it for an alignment at evergreen (yes they work on Nissans)

i-wagon

The suspense is killing me now. Rear Bilsteins are at the post office, springs are somewhere between California and here, and Idk what the status is on my extra half inch front spacer. I'd hoped everything would've been here for today originally but ups only moves so fast

i-wagon

ZRSnyLZ.jpg
late, but good fora laugh
if the quote worked right with the picture, my stepmother had one of these cards in the mail Friday. Her murano has >1k miles on it...
all the lift stuff but one thing should be here tomorrow. I'm getting excited. And looking at a house tomorrow. During pre approval the woman figured we've paid 59k in rent in the last 5 years. That's almost asking price of the house we're viewing

Latest posts

Back