Mainely Subarus Spring Group Drive- May 20th!

GClark

May 20th!

Meet at 9 am at Regal cinemas 10 in Falmouth

Last edited by a moderator:

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Found it
default_biggrin.png

Id be down for boston.

Could make more of a day and do Boothbay, Seal Cove and Owls Head along the way. I'm guessing 1.5 hours of driving between each from Boothbay. Just have to be cautious about the damn traffic in Wiscasset, There aren't any good Bath to Boothbay routes other then route 1.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I think that driving in Boston sucks... That's what I think. The tunnels suck even more... Sorry. But I don't like driving in Boston.

Good idea to cruise somewhere, and also do something though
default_smile.png

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Wistraffic shouldn't be bad in April. And there are back ways around. REALLY FUN back ways around... I got my car slideways every day going to work the back ways. That's probably why I ruined my tires so fast last summer....

GMan

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The way things are going weather wise; April would be a better choice. Also, minimal traffic would be ideal.

GClark

Chris you missed the ride through Boston on the way back from WBM. Even though we were lost the whole time, I think everyone that was there would agree it was a blast. And five guys was so worth it.

The main problem with Boston is that when someone get's separated, they'll really be separated, and that's no fun. Somebody, cough not Ray cough, ran like 12 red lights in Boston to say with the group.
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Ray

The Northernah'
That was an interesting fiasco after WBM to say the least, and at least half of those lights were yellow! I just didnt wanna get lost...again haha

Matt

It was a group of 4!!! You were just to slow to beat the lights. Tunnel blasting was amazing though.

WRB96IMPREZA

YouTube Moderator
I agree with not going to Boston its way to easy to get lost and it would just be easier and funner to go to a car museum, no ones trying to go to the museum of science... its lame. I just hate in-town driving in general I'd rather speed down some windy backroads. Plus it would be my first group drive with my car so I want it to be fun
default_smile.png

Well I didn't realize the Seal Cove one was on Mt. Desert so that's a long drive if stopping on the way. So I threw this together as an idea.

http://g.co/maps/8wmvk

Meet in Brunswick at the Walmart or Sears (both have plenty of parking). Then cruise to Boothbay picking up a few that may not go all the way to Brunswick. From Boothbay to Owls head. From there its up through some scenic routes to Augusta where the southern people can hit 295. I know there are a few places to eat along the way and probably a few beachs/rest areas to cook food if time would allow.

Craig

well the owls head option wouldnt take long for me since you drive by my house to get there but I seroiusly liked the acadia national park last year

GClark

For those of us that live in Lewiston and further south, it was a 8hr day. I thought the fall one was perfect, done by 1230, and we had a picnic.

SoMeWRX

Just a note, if we are talking coastal routes: Rt 209 which runs from Bath out to Popham Beach is a GREAT road for driving and there is only one police officer out there, a part time deputy last time I heard. Its about 30 min from Bath to the beach with epic spots for pictures and in April it will be empty. Probably a good place to end the drive. Pictures below are of the fort at the end of 209 which would be great for bbqing, chilling etc and the other pic is from another generally empty parking lot looking down at the fort which would also be fun for hanging out, bbqing. Lots of parking, it would likely be quite empty.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9356/popham.jpg

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6235/popham2.jpg

And yes, I know I didnt post those pics correctly but the links work!

Key to driving 209. Be respectful, slow down in key areas, don't do more then 5 over. There are actually 2 or 3 phippsburg officers and you never know where they will be or when they are on duty, probably will be "on duty" if a complaint is made. I would only worry about Bath PD bugging you getting to 209. Only way to get away with speeding is being in a obvious work vehicle like a 1ton dump truck.

The drive down to Popham would be nice and we could even go other places. If this is something you want I can always go scout.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I wouldn't screw around in the bath area. They have lots of cops and don't like dicks on the road.

Latest posts

Back