Mainely Subarus Spring Group Drive- May 20th!

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I'm into the idea of the drive up route 1, out to Boothbay. April/ early May would be perfect, I doubt there would be much traffic, awesome roads, and it would be quite photo friendly. Also, add me to the anti-Boston group drive concept.

scubiecraig

If you guys are looking for a go-kart meet... why not just go to Maine Indoor Karting in Scarborough? Bigger bang for your buck there than F1.

02 WRX Chris

Yea, but if we go to MIK it defeats the purpose of going on a drive unless your from way up north or way down south. I wouldnt mind going to F1, never been there or the coastal drive works for me. I kinda liked driving to bar harbor even though it was an all day thing. But I do agree with NO BOSTON, that sucked last time driving back from the WBM. There was a group of I think 8 or 9 and we all got separated!

Meyagi

I'm a hack
that's whats so nice about the white mountians or the rangeley drive, lots of open roads and not many red lights to get people seperated.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
The whole getting seperated thing is a valid point. Even if everyone had walkies it would be difficult to regroup in a city as dense as boston.

Coastal drive sounds perfect to me, the maine coast is gorgeous.

Jamey

I'd be in for Maine coast drive with my slow IMp
default_frown.gif

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
If it's actually possible for me/us to make a group drive, I would vote a coastal drive

Gate4jg

I say we should invade machias!!!! The drive rt 9 from Bangor to there is amazing. Perhaps taking rt. 1 one the way back or the other way around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Maybe I'll have gone crazy and bought an SVX by then. You can ride with me. haha.

ReZPunK

spring group drive huh? I can plan a route! ;-) but only 6 of you would come.

how about a drive around winnapesake? (spelling?)

Maxxguy25RS

I like the maine coast roads idea. the tunnels in boston are great for making beautiful subie noise
default_biggrin.png
but I agree with the whole city traffic and getting lost cuz it really is a nightmare. maine coast is my vote

abenson100

how bout we do a split drive. first half is tarmac then the group can split and go tarmac or gravel to get to the final point. I know the bro's rev could make this kinda thing work out :0

Last edited by a moderator:

Mighty Subie

Popham sounds fun but the roads are narrow and not conductive to having a long line of cars. I forsee multiple large instances of close calls. I did it on my bike last summer (note I lived in bath and made the trip many times in a car) and I still had issues with the road being too narrow. I'm guessing that people will want to take that back coastal road down bc its twistier. It's cool for one or two cars, not cool for 10-20. I vote no on group drive in that area.

Latest posts

Back