Mainely Subarus Spring Group Drive- May 20th!

GClark

We have passed many cops, and have never had a problem( except for once in Windham, but that was solely their fault). Cops aren't really a concern. Most of us know when it's appropriate to drive fast. The thing that concerns me is: traffic, stop lights, mileage, and road condition. Some of us have low cars, and Rt. 16 was absolutely terrible last time,

I can assure you that 209 into Popham is low car friendly. If we were to meet at the Shaw's in Bath I could easily lead the group down into Phippsburg then regroup at the fire departmen/town hall depending on numbers. There really isn't a safe place to pull over in my opinion.

The route I put up could be different. I am not sure of road conditions.

SoMeWRX

Ive lived in Popham right off 209 for many years in the past and still maintain a house there. Ive also ripped down 209 for years back and forth to work and never once been pulled over. Its extremely low car friendly as CoupedUpSubie mentioned. Also, a trip out towards Hermit Island etc could add some distance/time if needed. No stoplights, great road conditions, no traffic all the up and down guaranteed in April (unless there is snow, then all bets are off haha). But, this would only work as a portion of the drive...

scubiecraig

I'm anti-Boston as well. I hate driving in Boston, and I've only done it a few times. It is nowhere near conducive to group drives. Way too much traffic and options to get lost. I'm interested in this Popham drive... looks beautiful!

Ive lived in Popham right off 209 for many years in the past and still maintain a house there. Ive also ripped down 209 for years back and forth to work and never once been pulled over. Its extremely low car friendly as CoupedUpSubie mentioned. Also, a trip out towards Hermit Island etc could add some distance/time if needed. No stoplights, great road conditions, no traffic all the up and down guaranteed in April (unless there is snow, then all bets are off haha). But, this would only work as a portion of the drive...
Could also throw in a section of the Basin Road for those of us who aren't afraid of dirt.

SoMeWRX

Could also throw in a section of the Basin Road for those of us who aren't afraid of dirt.
Go check out the burnt cars? So down. Also we could loop up Parker Head Road on the way there or back so we dont have to run all the way down 209 twice! That road has crazy hairpins.

The only other add on I know would be doing Boothbay and run the Rt 27/238 loop but I am not sure how great that driving is...anybody familiar with that? maybe you Coupedupsubie?

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
The only other add on I know would be doing Boothbay and run the Rt 27/238 loop but I am not sure how great that driving is...anybody familiar with that? maybe you Coupedupsubie?
RT27 to boothbay has traffic on it all times of the year.

urabusturbo

I like the coastal idea. Any town along the coast has countless miles of scenic twisty roads. Boothbay, Georgetown,Southport, Phippsburg, Bristol, Friendship etc. I have traveled on most every coastal road from OOB to Machias and I think they beat Boston traffic hands down.

Matt

I don't think Boston is even a feasible concept. 30-50 subarus will get lost easily in town Boston.

Jamey

I don't think Boston is even a feasible concept. 30-50 subarus will get lost easily in town Boston.
city
default_smile.png
~. I'm from that area traffic blows

Latest posts

Back