Mainelypostwhore thread

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
It is, the XV is a lifted impreza, the outback is a lifted legacy wagon. The legacy platform is bigger than the impreza platform. The outback is a good deal bigger than the forester, too.

i-wagon

The whole car just felt blah. I love the looks, but the power and handling kinda sucked, and there's less space than in my 07

inski

Alright Justin, Im pretty sure two girls kissing isn't offensive to anyone. Ever. Never. 
Agreed.  

However, two guys kissing....it shouldn't be offensive either.  I would not object but I would not approve either.

Last edited by a moderator:

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Now what sites are you frequenting there Inski
default_additional_roflmao.gif

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
The whole car just felt blah. I love the looks, but the power and handling kinda sucked, and there's less space than in my 07
This is a a unique looking economy car with an outback suspension. It doesn`t pretend to be anything else. Yes your legacy wagon has more room than XVs impreza based underpinnings. It is the widest and longest impreza ever and with an interior volume of 97.5 it`s getting close to the interior volume of my 01 vdc outback.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
This is a a unique looking economy car with an outback suspension. It doesn`t pretend to be anything else. Yes your legacy wagon has more room than XVs impreza based underpinnings. It is the widest and longest impreza ever and with an interior volume of 97.5 it`s getting close to the interior volume of my 01 vdc outback.
I have never seen one in person, but would just like to throw in that I-wagon has an Impreza wagon.

i-wagon

^ this

There is more leg room in the xv, but the new Impreza chassis had crap for trunk room. The fact it sits up higher is nice, just lacks power

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
^ this

There is more leg room in the xv, but the new Impreza chassis had crap for trunk room. The fact it sits up higher is nice, just lacks power
When Subaru increased the wb from 99.4" to 103.7" it moved the rear seats back for more legroom. Given that the cars are about the same length this meant less depth in the cargo area, but the XV is about 3-1/2" wider. Both cars weigh about the same so your 2.5 170 hp is going to walk all over the 2.0 148 hp car. Subaru is going after the people who`s priorty is good gas mileage with the new Impeza. Did you test drive the cvt or the 5 speed ? I heard that the stick shift is about 1-1/2 second faster to 60 than the cvt.

scubiecraig

You will think of more fun and daring stuff to do if you start your list young... like skydiving, and bungee jumping!  Then you can do them as your "mid-life crisis" part of life!

inski

Not at all Inski
default_additional_sillylol.gif

You will think of more fun and daring stuff to do if you start your list young... like skydiving, and bungee jumping!  Then you can do them as your "mid-life crisis" part of life!
Well, I guess I'm at my mid life crisis.  Though, I don't feel its a crisis.  There are a few odd things I wish I could have done earlier.  Like duck hunting.  Built a classic car for driving and occasional drag racing.  Not a show car.  Something that shreds tires.  Something I can leave grease on the fender while staging for the 5th run of the day.  Also want to get another degree.  Take a trip to Montana in the summer.  Train a dog to do cool stuff.  Stuff like that.

inski

No.  that's what we were joking about.  Our bucket lists would be completely different.  Except, she does want a 1964 1/2 Mustang.  I'd be OK with that as long as it was a v8, c4 automatic, minimal rust, and smoked tires occasionally.

She want to go to the Grand Canyon, I want to go to Montana.

She wants to visit DC, I want to move to NC.

She doesn't want anymore dogs, I'd like 4 of them.

She wants to go to home shows, I want to go duck hunting.

She doesn't want to take risks, I want to start several businesses.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Ah life with the wife is one big compromise. Tell her you would support her getting the Mustang if she supports you going into business or any of the above combinations.

Latest posts

Back