Mainiacs XV Crosstrek

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Update after 700 miles:

The car gets great mileage

The suspension is stiffer than an outback (doesn`t bother me) It weighs 400 lbs less.

The steering response is like a sports car

The throttle reponse is right on and very smooth with the cvt tranny

The info center ( outside temp, avg gas mileage & time ) has display twice the size of outbacks. Comes in good for older folks.

This hatch is slightly smaller than the forester, crv & rav 4 and weighs 250 lbs + less, while still being able to hold 200 lbs of dogs
default_tongue.png

It`s just the right vehicle for me at this stage of my life.

ps: To all turbo guys: This is an economy car, not a rally or racing car, but Subaru has rated it OK to take off road. ( I am not talking about rock climbing now
default_additional_sillylol.gif
 )

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Update: Had the car for 1 month now, just over 1200 miles and my last gas up reaped 31 mpg. I calculated that I saved $88.00 running this car over my old vdc outback.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Rob, you should get this grille for your XV!

ef3e1c1b59df481729035a7908b08fbdx.jpg
The standard grill looks decent. I would of prefered a red or black XV but the interiors only come in white and I prefer black. The Ice Silver color  has grown on me. If I was 40 years younger I would have taken the Orange.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Approaching 2000 miles. Gassed up this morning 243 miles  and 7.6 gals = 32 mpg. Under $26 to fill up. My goal is to double Carters gas mileage.

Carter

Administrator
image.jpg

Mainiac ripped from his vehicle and pinned to the ground. Article from the paper a few days ago.

Craig

Ive been trying to get my mom to sell her CR-V and get an XV! but she wont budge
default_frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Looks awesome. I still say the mesh grille would make it look sooo much better though!

wzrd

Hey Rob,thought id chime in.......

First off,nice ride...Until i read this thread i had know idea you had bought one......Must have been hard to give up your other ride ,she was nice...Thanx again for letting me try her out that day

Any how ,i got a loaner car from evergreen the other day and it happened to be a crosstrek......Very fuel effecient car with nice lines...I liked back up camera and thought the audio system rocked.....My only complaint was the wind seamed to push the car around like a boat,i seamed to be a bit floaty but that could be the nature of a higher setting non sport car...Starting power was very good for a N/A car with a 2.0 engine...All in all very happy with its design...My wife just love it for sportring round town,quiet too..

Enjoy your ride rob...great choice.....subaru = love

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Hey Rob,thought id chime in.......

First off,nice ride...Until i read this thread i had know idea you had bought one......Must have been hard to give up your other ride ,she was nice...Thanx again for letting me try her out that day

Any how ,i got a loaner car from evergreen the other day and it happened to be a crosstrek......Very fuel effecient car with nice lines...I liked back up camera and thought the audio system rocked.....My only complaint was the wind seamed to push the car around like a boat,i seamed to be a bit floaty but that could be the nature of a higher setting non sport car...Starting power was very good for a N/A car with a 2.0 engine...All in all very happy with its design...My wife just love it for sportring round town,quiet too..

Enjoy your ride rob...great choice.....subaru = love

Hey Paul,

My 1st prioity was economy and this car delivers. This car has ample power for normal daily driving, it`s no slouch. I think it handles well for a car jacked up like the outback. I test drove an XV and an Outback back to back. The throttle response and steering felt sharper than the outbacks. The outback does have a softer ride. I have the nav package which helps dress up the interior a bit. The interior doesn`t compare to my 01 VDC Outback or the 07 Spec B`s, but than again this is a different animal. For the 1st time in over 12 years I can use regular gas and that combined with the mileage I am getting I saved $88 in my cost for gas the 1st month
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back