Mainiacs XV Crosstrek

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Looks awesome. I still say the mesh grille would make it look sooo much better though!
I have learned a lot from my XV Crosstrek.com forum where over 2500 people basically have the same car. There has been complaints that the mesh frame didn`t quite match the body color of their cars and some complained the grill was flimsey.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I have learned a lot from my XV Crosstrek.com forum where over 2500 people basically have the same car. There has been complaints that the mesh frame didn`t quite match the body color of their cars and some complained the grill was flimsey.
Oh no kidding. There was someone on another forum that has a silver one and bought the mesh grille and loved it. But yeah that wouldn't be cool, especially on a brand new car.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Oh no kidding. There was someone on another forum that has a silver one and bought the mesh grille and loved it. But yeah that wouldn't be cool, especially on a brand new car.
The people that complained purchased the grill after buying the car and either had the dealer or themselves install it. I am assuming if you bought the sports grill factory installed the color would match and once installed you wouldn`t know whether it`s flimsey or not. 

Was driving behind one of these a few days back and I couldn't believe how much it looked like a older Hyundai Tucsun from the back or something.  Great looking car but the rear end needs to be overhauled on the next go round.

RedForester08

We would have traded in the 2011 Fozzy for one of these but the wheelchair will not fit with the seats up. It barely fits in the Forester.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Gassed up this morning and my mpg for this week is up to 32.6
default_biggrin.png

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Great looking car Rob!

At times I wish I got better gas mileage but that comes with owning a WRX! 
default_additional_joker.gif

scubiecraig

Rob, were you in Alfred at all last night?  My wife and I went out to grab some ice cream at Hannaford, and I had a silver XV behind me on 202.  The XV turned off onto Shaw's Ridge Road, I kept going straight into town.  This was at about 9pm last night.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Nope not me again. About a month ago I saw 2 other silver XV`s in Sanford. Plus I have seen a black, orange, white and red XV`s in town recently.

I think the XV has the toughest meanest stock headlights of any car out there.

IMG_1866.JPG

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Took a trip around the Kancamangus today. It was overcast but no rain and light traffic except for coming back through Conway. I gassed up Saturday morning and when we returned home showed 260 miles on the trip odometer with an ampg of 37.5. My actual average gas mileage runs about 1-1/2 less than shown on display would be closer to 36 mpg. My speed averaged between 40 - 70, touching 80 a few times with the exception of crawling through Conway. 8800 + miles on the XV and no problems. I have been averaging 33 mpg around town and my wife says it`s the most secure road worthy Subaru she has ever been in and this is our 6th subie.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
I've seen the XVs popping up everywhere.  Must be popular for a reason!  That's fantastic fuel mileage.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
No I have traded it on a 15 Outback 3 months ago. The XV is a great car for the type it is but we wanted a little more comfort and quieter ride. The stars all lined up for me to make the buy. I had equity in the XV, Subaru of America was offering $1,000 if I would but a new Subaru before June 30th above what ever deal you make with your dealer and Patriot paid me top dollar for my XV and I got a great discount off the Outback. What really sealed the deal was that the 15 Outback was rated 33 mpg same as my XV. I wanted to see if a 500 lb. heavier car with a larger engine 2.5 to the XV`s 2.0 could really match the mpg. Well so far with 3500 miles I am up to 31.5 mpg with no highway driving basically rural and going through Sanford twice a day. My Outback has all the options except eyesight which I did not want. In my 54+ years of driving I never ran into anyone and feel eyesight will probably give some people a false sense of security, it only works under certain conditions.

It would be nice if I could change my screen name to MAINIAC OB.

Latest posts

Back