Marino's Lifted Hawkeye - the Winter Beast

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Well, instead of fixing some of the issues on this or even registering and insuring it for that matter, I've went ahead and added some cosmetic mods 
default_rolleyes.gif
 can't help it................................ it's truly a disease

Call me a ricer, but I bought a wrx hood and scoop off an 06 STi. Had to be back in the hood scoop life, loved that about my old RS coupe. Hood will be here soon. Also got a front lip, license plate relocation and delete, fog lights which never ended up working out, and yellow fog overlays. I bought an oem fog light kit from FastWRX.com/ Mach V motorsports. But turns out their kit doesn't include the fog lamps themselves (contrary to their website). Now in the process of returning them. Realllllly want fog lights on this. I'll keep my eye out for a used set maybe. Oem complete kits are $$$$

iUWAp5Ih.jpg

sv4XPbsh.jpg

tqGci1uh.jpg

GR6n4Nxh.jpg

Hood will be black......

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Nice, have you though more on doing forester struts?
I'm wishing I didn't already buy the strut that I needed for this, but at the time it was the cheapest option. Otherwise I would have definitely considered forester struts

So I guess I still don't really know, I would like to do it though but it may not happen until next year

My hood came in and I opened it up this afternoon. It's brand new, but the stupid company bent and folded in all the corners of the hood. And when I bent them back into place, it now looks like garbage. Is that normal practice when shipping a hood? I suppose doing a little work to it and I'll be painting it black anyway so shouldn't look half bad when it's all said and done

Oh, another thing it'll need is some body work. rear panel near the tail light is dented and rusting from never being fixed. Tail light is cracked so I'm searching for 04/05 tails. It needs a lot of attention but will be worth it and last a long time (hopefully) when done. I'm done buying cars!!

Marino

I <3 BOOST
I was also thinking about what to do with the exhaust. Because there's not many options as far as catbacks go I was thinking of buying a generic muffler (magnaflow, etc) and getting it welded it on. Don't need it real loud but definitely want something louder than stock. Just doesn't feel right driving a Subaru that is silent
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Best pipe diameter/muffler inlet would be 2.5 inches I'm guessing?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Pretty sure that since it's an 06+, a turbo cat back or axle back will bolt on. Since its n/a, an axleback would best since it's 3".

Jamey

Too bad nameless don't make exhausts for these . I love my nameless deletes .. loud as fawk .. but so sexy

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Looks good! I like the black on silver.
Thanks! Funny I never really liked silver, and I wasn't sure how much I'd like it even after I bought the car(REALLY wanted black). But after having it for a little while and doing a few mods here and there, absolutely have fallen in love with urban grey metallic. almost like a dark silver in certain light. Reminds me of Matt's old wrx, not that I'm trying to copy it

Marino

I <3 BOOST
My upstream o2 sensor came in and I tried installing it... no dice. Thing is baked on there good. Let the car warm up to operating temp, and I even got one of those special o2 sensor tools at harbor freight but still couldn't get it to budge but I didn't have much leverage and limited tools so I guess I'll try again

In other news I bought some used oem fog lights over at nasioc. Relay, switch, bezels.  Put them in today, went smooth and was a very easy install. Everything plugged right in and the wiring was right there. The seller even gave me some brand new yellow H3 bulbs for them. I'm going to put yellow overlays over them which I have, just haven't done it yet. Fog bezels were white but I've sanded them and will be painting them black for now. Want to get a light bar and some Hella 500's
default_banana.gif

G8YzQoLh.jpg

I really want to put the freshly painted gold rota's on this but don't have the funds for another set of tires so in the meantime I slapped on the winter wheels (my stock WRX wheels plasti-dipped black). The tires that were on the original wheels for this car have pretty good tread but one of the tires has a bubble in the sidewall. So I probably shouldn't drive on them I guess. Looks like I'll be selling the whole wheel/tire package if anyone's interested. I don't know how much they are worth

gd0pUu4h.jpg

I love love love wingless. I've contemplated going wingless on the WRX for the longest time but now I can scratch that itch
default_banana.gif

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Nice work! Have you thought about baking the headlights and painting them?
Absolutely. just haven't had the time and energy to do them! That's something that I have to be in the right mindset to tackle, I definitely wouldn't want to mess it up or ruin them!

IBratmanI

I hear ya. I've been curious about doing it to my glass ones and my side markers on the Forester. But I'm nervous about it, and I don't have an oven big enough to fit headlights lol.

IBratmanI

Haha. Yet another thing I want to do to mine. I just really hate car wiring so I could never bring myself to tackle it.

scubiecraig

Twinsies!  I have been trying for YEARS to get someone to trade hoods with me.  I've always wanted a scoop, but I didn't want to dish out money for one, plus paying for a hood too.  I like seeing the progression of this. 

As for exhaust, I went with the weld on muffler at first, and it doesn't sound like the normal Subaru.  I went with a modified WRX header, and then welded in a muffler.  SUCH a difference.  People think it's a WRX all the time!  I actually have a WRX muffler on right now, but it's too quiet and I want to get a new muffler welded in.  I have it in my trunk.. just need to get some cash and some time to have someone weld it on.  I went with a Dynomax Ultraflow SS.  Sounds fan-freakin' tastic!  My hood/trunk/roof are plastidipped, but I don't know if you can tell from the pic, it's quite faded after 3 years.  I also had a bird dump an egg on my hood and it's deteriorated a section on it.  I'm actually thinking of removing it and going back to just the UGM... or spraying it again..... 

WP_20150917_18_27_27_Pro_zpsq49i1ai4.jpg

Latest posts

Back