Marino's WRB 2005 WRX!

Marino

I <3 BOOST
I'm with dsmith on the headlight housing, made such a difference on my car and it was so easy! I've been thinking gold on wrb started to look overplayed, but i'm definitely liking this!
haha thanks! yeah it is a pretty common color combo on subies but I've always loved it..
default_biggrin.png

Maxxguy25RS

The black headlights are a good touch. On my silver RS they do well. I took my time when I did them, 5 light coats of black acrylic enamel, didn't need to sand the shrouds. Here is a little tip. Make sure you don't touch the reflector part of the light, I did and I messed up the chrome coating. And when you bake them to split them apart, you don't need to take off all of the rubber seals and plastic clips. Just take out the bulbs and the wiring. In all they looked good, but I messed up on a few key areas that counted.

Marino

I <3 BOOST
The black headlights are a good touch. On my silver RS they do well. I took my time when I did them, 5 light coats of black acrylic enamel, didn't need to sand the shrouds. Here is a little tip. Make sure you don't touch the reflector part of the light, I did and I messed up the chrome coating. And when you bake them to split them apart, you don't need to take off all of the rubber seals and plastic clips. Just take out the bulbs and the wiring. In all they looked good, but I messed up on a few key areas that counted.
thanks for the tips, I've been looking up some how to's and it doesn't seem too hard, just need to take my time and make sure to do it right

Maxxguy25RS

Oh, and if you take out the amber reflector it leaves a giant hole in the shroud. So I turned mine around and painted the non smooth side and presto, no giant gap, just smooth black headlights.

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Oh, and if you take out the amber reflector it leaves a giant hole in the shroud. So I turned mine around and painted the non smooth side and presto, no giant gap, just smooth black headlights.
very cool, thanks! any way you could post a pic or send me one of how yours came out? if not that's ok

Marino

I <3 BOOST
just curious was the wing a direct bolt on with the stock rex wing holes?

here's the story with the wing, bought it on ebay painted for $250 shipped (its a replica, not oem).. couldn't justify the $700 or crazy amount a new oem one was and I searched for a trunk swap for a couple months no luck. wing came in perfect condition and matched WRB paint perfect. The spoiler only lined up with 2 of the 4 original WRX spoiler holes, and I ended up drilling 6 more holes in the trunk but its on there rock solid now. It is identical to the oem STi wing as far as I can tell except the brake light is a little different

Last edited by a moderator:

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Pretty happy on how the clay bar and wax came out. It stays clean longer too. Today I washed and hit it with some instant detailer, happy how it came out!!

The photos don't do it much justice as it was hard to capture a pic, but here is how it came out:

default_banana.gif

jojo69

Looking good! Glad #845 worked out! Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

...and if u add an extra layer, itll last longer too ;)Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Looking good! Glad #845 worked out! Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

...and if u add an extra layer, itll last longer too
default_wink.png
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Thanks!
default_biggrin.png
I love how the water beads right off. I think I am hooked on detailing! 
default_additional_sillylol.gif
 I also bought some ONR and can't wait to try it out during the winter

jojo69

Lol! Watch out, detailing can become a wormhole real fast!! But yeah its quite addictive
default_wink.png
don't wait for winter for onr, I'd suggest u try it on or next wash when ur fingers won't freeze off! ;-) I just got some collinite 476s... Can't wait to try it for this winter!
default_wink.png
enjoy the beads!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Lol! Watch out, detailing can become a wormhole real fast!! But yeah its quite addictive
default_wink.png
don't wait for winter for onr, I'd suggest u try it on or next wash when ur fingers won't freeze off! ;-) I just got some collinite 476s... Can't wait to try it for this winter!
default_wink.png
enjoy the beads! Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Good idea, I will try that! Its cool how you can use ONR for many things depending on the water ratio. It is pretty fun haha
I have heard a lot of good things about #476 !

Marino

I <3 BOOST
So just a few little updates:

As some may know back in September my car was absolutely raped by a hail storm... 
default_additional_sad.gif
 the hood was beyond repair, and the whole car was covered in dozens of dents all over. when everything was said and done the repairs were close to $3000, luckily covered by insurance (other than the $250 deductible). I guess the cool part was that I got a brand new freshly painted hood out of it. But anyways...

I got fog light covers:

I'm also getting ready for winter mode. I took my stock wheels and had new studless winter tires mounted. I plasti dipped them black, and I am very impressed how they came out. I was going to go with red, but, last minute changed my mind and went with a gloss black. ~6 or 7 coats of black and 2 coats glossifier. I love how they turned out:

I'm also going to be taking off the front lip to give me a little more clearance when there's snow on the ground

I think that's it! car is running like a top, no issues at all. Here's one more picture because I love the rear end 
default_additional_heartbeat.gif

default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back