Marino's WRB 2005 WRX!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Talk to Charlie Baxley about any parts for the VF39 swap. He has great prices on any new parts you'll need, and can tune it afterwards as well. As always, car looks awesome!

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Decided to clean up probably one of the biggest eye sores on the car, the rotors and EXTREMELY rusty brake calipers. Now I didn't go all out and do the pretty 4/2 pots, Brembos or even the LGT upgrade, that'll hopefully happen sometime in the future. But for now I did cross drilled and slotted rotors all around, new ceramic pads, cleaned and painted the calipers black, and got new blue Muteki sr48 lug nuts. I had been noticing a "pulsing" feeling when braking and they just felt very poor all around so I figured why not replace it all (except the calipers) and make it look nice in the process.. All in all it went fairly smooth, first time doing this so it was a good experience. (Thanks Jason for help when I had questions haha)

m0DgNmGh.jpg

lKLJ1cHh.jpg

HMaU3xRh.jpg

The brand is Power Stop. Price was right, didn't find any negative reviews and it came with everything needed for the install. Rears went in easy, fronts took a little longer, I had to remove the lower strut bolt as I couldn't get a socket cleanly on the 17mm

I thought I was screwed when I discovered that I was an idiot last summer and cross threaded one of my lug nuts on......... Was a nice surprise when I went to remove one of the wheels

But THIS, 

oZ67gygh.jpg

THIS..... was an absolute lifesaver. Came in today and within 2 seconds flat it had totally straightened the stud out and I could put the wheel back on. Such a good feeling, I was scared I was going to have to replace the whole stud

Took it for a quick drive to bed in the new rotors/pads and it now stops MUCH better, very smooth feeling and no more pulsing. I am though noticing some kind of noise or what I think sounds like contact coming from the rear drivers side when turning the wheel? But I double and triple checked it again afterwards and I can't see anything wrong, the backing/dust plate doesn't look to be touching or anything so who knows, I'll drive it a few days next week and if it's still there I'll go from there

Marino

I <3 BOOST
So I installed the straight pipe I had sitting around and .... wow.... it is unbelievably loud. Between that and the blow off valve and the afterfire sounding like gunshots.... 
default_additional_shock.gif

This is what was left of the dp/midpipe gasket
default_additional_sillylol.gif

nMrcoIqh.jpg

Installed. I love how it looks.

LdE8zveh.jpg

w2435KKh.jpg

I have no idea who custom made this but the hangers and everything fit perfectly.

I did have to remove my rear diffuser because the hangers interfered, but I might be able to get part of it back on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back