Marino's WRB 2005 WRX!

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Small update, I picked up a can of Grimmspeed WRB to touch up a few things.

f9UOfAeh.jpg

First thing I tested it on was the bottom of my lip, which was scraped beyond belief. Didn't even prep this because you don't even see the underneath. Just wanted to test out the can and clearcoat combo. Much better!

exVg59lh.jpg

Happy with the results, I moved on to the STi splitters. These have been looking so horrible lately it got to the point where I haven't been taking pictures of the front of the car. I didn't take a picture of the before of the other side, which was even worse. But after a little sanding, spraying, and clearcoat I am sooooo happy how it came out. If you look closely you can see where I had it taped off, but it doesn't bother me. I'm no body expert. I'd really like to get the whole front bumper resprayed at some point because it is pretty beat up. For now, this will do!

Zn6iVDah.jpg

59G86UXh.jpg

Also, the other day I was randomly browsing the MS facebook page and found a GFB blow off valve for sale off another member. Now, I know BOV's are kind of considered rice, I don't care. The GFB is/was going to be the only one I was going to get. Funny, quoting back to my very first post on this journal back in '13:

Marino, on 24 Aug 2013 - 21:30, said:

.... Also tempted to get a GFB hybrid BOV (only BOV I would consider getting),  ...
I have held off for so long due to the price of it new, however when I saw this for sale for $120 I couldn't pass it up. I drove out to pick it up immediately, and installed it when I got home. Install was super easy, took 30 minutes tops. I have still yet to fully dial it in, I need to adjust the preload because I'm hearing that flutter/ compressor surge noise at low RPM's. Venting 50/50 at the moment, again I'll adjust it as needed.

Jamey

My whole bumper looked like your spliter . It's raw and needed to be baked the guy I had painted it did not prep it right and basically ruined my bumper. . Had to buy a new one .. again .. anyway looks good man

Marino

I <3 BOOST
My whole bumper looked like your spliter . It's raw and needed to be baked the guy I had painted it did not prep it right and basically ruined my bumper. . Had to buy a new one .. again .. anyway looks good man
Yeah man I know the feeling, those pieces I touched up were just painted by a shop 2-3 years ago and than they started bubbling and flaking off...

Here's a few pictures of the car from the Augusta meet last night. Huge shout out to Tom Allen for the pictures

c4SNYLEh.jpg

zj0kC2kh.jpg

ghUjXoah.jpg

Marino

I <3 BOOST
So I've been contemplating throwing the STi wing back on for a little bit. I absolutely LOVE being wingless, but I wanted to change it back up it's so easy to switch out. Anyways, I had a buddy come over to give me a hand with it, but sadly his bugeye died on the way over and he was just able to roll into the driveway... Motor is toast.. So as it sat there we decided to throw his wheels onto mine just to see how it would look... I'm in love

EYJWvtlh.jpg

7yTXVPKh.jpg

They are 18 inch Kosei K3's. I'm going to put my Rota's up for sale and see if I can buy these off him

I'll also be putting my lip back on, although it has been nice not scraping everywhere

Also, I finally got an inspection sticker on this this morning. I actually went to get a sticker yesterday but had to come back today because I didn't have my front license plate on me. I usually keep it in the car but I must have taken it out at some point... good for another year!

Jamey

I like the wheels ! I like the wingless better but looks good either way and I put my lip on and ripped it off going into work the other day m. So she off for good

Marino

I <3 BOOST
I like the wheels ! I like the wingless better but looks good either way and I put my lip on and ripped it off going into work the other day m. So she off for good
The low life will do it
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Looks like I'll be getting these wheels. I sold my Rota's already, I wasn't expecting to sell them that quick. I was kinda attached to those wheels after spending so much time fixing them up so I'm sad to see them go, but onto bigger and better things. I'll have to find some tires for these, that's the only thing. Pics to come eventually!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamey

The low life will do it

Looks like I'll be getting these wheels. I sold my Rota's already, I wasn't expecting to sell them that quick. I was kinda attached to those wheels after spending so much time fixing them up so I'm sad to see them go, but onto bigger and better things. I'll have to find some tires for these, that's the only thing. Pics to come eventually!
I work at Sullivan Tire ya know
default_wink.png

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Wheels are on! It's been a little work getting them to fit on the car though. They have a +50 offset, the inside of the wheel being very, VERY close to touching the coilover. I had to get 225's because anything wider would have absolutely hit the coil. So there is some stretch on the 8.5" wheel, oh well. I even got a 3mm spacer to be safe, and I'm glad I did. Also I had to borrow a friends open/extended lug nuts, as the acorn style didn't work at all. I have some new red ones on the way, should be mint
default_biggrin.png

IN LOVE with how it looks. Car is so dirty...

MzAW6Pch.jpg

CF7FK7Ph.jpg

Oh, I also paint matched my roof vane end caps. In hopes it'll motivate me to install it

kGkWEPYh.jpg

Until next time!

Marino

I <3 BOOST
So I ordered something kind of special for this, custom. Should take a few weeks to make and than ship out. Keep on the lookout, I'm stoked. I love custom pieces like my rear diffuser for example, sets it apart from the others imo.

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Monthly photo cover challenge has me taking new pics
default_biggrin.png

fKH86Reh.jpg

9cGvJ7nh.jpg

Update!

So what I ordered a month ago, were actually "window vents" from a company called Visual Autowerks. I've had my eye on them for a little while, and like I said above; I love little pieces like this to make mine just a little bit more unique.

Took exactly a month and a day from placing my order to getting them. Quality seems really good and durable. I had mine custom made with silver rivets and mesh between the 'vents'. It should keep bugs/other things out. Install took all of 30 seconds per side, they easily slide on and off. I was a little worried about my tint, but I don't think it'll be an issue. Also, I rarely drive this in the rain (garage queen..), so I don't really need to worry about that aspect

I was surprised how much of a response I got when I posted it on the FB page, but here's the quick photo I took of it that I posted

cJfS7CQh.png

Pretty cool. Here's another quick pic

q2RJovPh.jpg

Need some better photos, but I'm really liking how the car is turning out. Tomorrow will mark 4 years of ownership and I'm never, ever selling it...

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Not much activity on here lately, but I still like to keep this updated. Mostly for myself. I like to look back and see what's happened over time...

That time of year, last week I parked the car in storage for winter. I wish the garage was a little bigger, and heated, so I could tinker on things over the winter. But I can't complain. Looking back at the last few months, I really haven't done too much. Let's see...

I had the car polished and buffed by another member on here, Julien. He did a fantastic job, spent an entire day going over the whole car top to bottom. Beautiful work. I wouldn't trust anyone else touching this car's paint.

Jx5OiuKh.jpg

I then stumbled across someone looking to do a free photo shoot and video feature. He was looking for some experience as he is new in the game, so it worked out great for both of us. And what better time to have the car shot all cleaned up and ready for storage! Ended up being the very last day I drove the car for the year haha. Here are some pictures and the completed video. Check out Ben Getchell's page, "TBL Media" on facebook and Instagram for more.

FNpre3vh.jpg

7RFSA6Qh.jpg

GGGVkLwh.jpg

REWnqYnh.jpg

qBg4E43h.jpg

60bYfHQh.jpg

YLGxO5Sh.jpg

And the video:

That pretty much sums it up. Don't quite know what direction I'll go next with the car. We'll see
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

Jamey

Not much activity on here lately, but I still like to keep this updated. Mostly for myself. I like to look back and see what's happened over time...

That time of year, last week I parked the car in storage for winter. I wish the garage was a little bigger, and heated, so I could tinker on things over the winter. But I can't complain. Looking back at the last few months, I really haven't done too much. Let's see...

I had the car polished and buffed by another member on here, Julien. He did a fantastic job, spent an entire day going over the whole car top to bottom. Beautiful work. I wouldn't trust anyone else touching this car's paint.

Jx5OiuKh.jpg

I then stumbled across someone looking to do a free photo shoot and video feature. He was looking for some experience as he is new in the game, so it worked out great for both of us. And what better time to have the car shot all cleaned up and ready for storage! Ended up being the very last day I drove the car for the year haha. Here are some pictures and the completed video. Check out Ben Getchell's page, "TBL Media" on facebook and Instagram for more.

FNpre3vh.jpg

7RFSA6Qh.jpg

GGGVkLwh.jpg

REWnqYnh.jpg

qBg4E43h.jpg

60bYfHQh.jpg

YLGxO5Sh.jpg

And the video:

That pretty much sums it up. Don't quite know what direction I'll go next with the car. We'll see
sick pics/video what do you have for a bov?

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Car is back out for summer and running good.

I paint matched my hella horns because I was bored and had a can of wrb kicking around. They were pretty beat up and had faded to a pale pink color

Z0Oib9Ah.jpg

EuE0koKh.jpg

Not nearly as noticeable now, but I kind of like that. Also removed the "Subaru Technica International" stickers on the fog lights. Looks cleaner but I still feel something is missing with the front end. 

Here's my favorite part! Found this browsing eBay one day and hopped on in. Not a clue how it will look when it's on the car but the price was right and I've always wanted to run a straight pipe ("blast pipes"?), even if it ends up being temporary. Love the dual tips. Commence angry neighbors

nBFsh8vh.jpg

I have to get a sticker next month, so afterwards I'll throw this on (lol). In the meantime I'll try to clean it up a bit. But I mocked it up today and it should stick out a bit from the bumper and slightly angle to the side 
default_additional_popcorn.gif
 I was actually hoping I could just use the axle back, and keep my resonated midpipe. But from what I could see the pipe is slightly too long and will not line up correctly with the hangers so I'll have to use the non res midpipe.

So we'll see! I'm also somewhat pricing out the necessary parts for a VF39 swap. I'm finally at a stage where I'm somewhat happy with how the car looks, and now looking for a little more power. 

Latest posts

Back