Marino's WRB 2005 WRX!

Marino

I <3 BOOST
It's nice having the car wash so close to home!
Sure is! though, its probably one of the only convenient things out here! 
default_biggrin.png

Marino

I <3 BOOST
It's that time of the year I have been waiting for...
default_additional_sillylol.gif
default_biggrin.png

I finally pulled it out of storage, just to look at it for now 
default_wub.png
 still too muddy to start driving..  Took the battery off my trickle charger, slapped it into the car, and it started right up with no issues unlike last year at this time. +1 on the cheap Black & Decker charger

Anyway, I'll post a pic or two once the weather is staying consistently warm. Dying for some new pictures.

Plans for the car for this year? I have no idea honestly. Well, sort of. The roof vane I bought for the hawkeye, I'm thinking will end up on this, if I ever have the courage to install it. Either that or give the cheap vortex generator another shot. I'd like wider wheels, flush fitment, go lower, but that's also a lot of $ so probably won't get to it. Might change my side skirts up and go with STi skirts with extensions. Also, I really would like to get a pro tune this summer, just an e-tune with my AP I'm thinking. 

We'll see where it ends up, I change my mind constantly...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamey

It's that time of the year I have been waiting for...
default_biggrin.png

I finally pulled it out of storage, just to look at it for now
default_wub.png
still too muddy to start driving.. Took the battery off my trickle charger, slapped it into the car, and it started right up with no issues unlike last year at this time. +1 on the cheap Black & Decker charger

Anyway, I'll post a pic or two once the weather is staying consistently warm. Dying for some new pictures.

Plans for the car for this year? I have no idea honestly. Well, sort of. The roof vane I bought for the hawkeye, I'm thinking will end up on this, if I ever have the courage to install it. Either that or give the cheap vortex generator another shot. I'd like wider wheels, flush fitment, go lower, but that's also a lot of $ so probably won't get to it. Might change my side skirts up and go with STi skirts with extensions. Also, I really would like to get a pro tune this summer, just an e-tune with my AP I'm thinking.

We'll see where it ends up, I change my mind constantly...
I have a roof vortex thingie you can have ,are you going to the meet thurs ?

Marino

I <3 BOOST
I have a roof vortex thingie you can have ,are you going to the meet thurs ?
I have one as well that I may try and re-use, haha thanks though man

I took the car for a spin just down the road yesterday, didn't do any crazy pulls or anything but it seemed to run fine. Feels SO different compared to the lifted hawkeye. She's pretty

M4S9JeDh.jpg

Oh yeah, so these Rota's have never had center caps, and replacements are over $50! 
default_additional_shock.gif
 even used caps I found, people wanted at least 10-15$ a piece!

But I was able to find some cheap universal caps on eBay that fit perfect. $12 shipped straight from China, can't beat it haha. I may paint them gold, or leave them shiny how they are.

Marino

I <3 BOOST
As most have probably seen on the Facebook site...

yLYi7CYh.jpg

So clean, I love it. Here's another:

5HiYSFkh.jpg

The trunk wasn't as "pristine" as I would have liked, but I can't complain. Wingless trunks in WRB are hard to come by. One small dent on the top of the lid and some scratches, but I think a decent buff and wax should make her nice again

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Thanks for the kind words ... I was not expecting to be wingless to start off the season

Here's a quick cell phone shot of how the front looks, she's lowwww

8nH4PWWh.jpg

It almost looks slightly unbalanced now that the wing is gone. I'm tempted to remove the front lip? and go lower. But I like the lip, so I don't know!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamey

Thanks for the kind words ... I was not expecting to be wingless to start off the season

Here's a quick cell phone shot of how the front looks, she's lowwww

8XSlLJXh.jpg

It almost looks slightly unbalanced now that the wing is gone. I'm tempted to remove the front lip? and go lower. But I like the lip, so I don't know!
since I've gotten my car back from body shop I didn't put the lip back on I've decided not too. It amazes me how much less I scrape lol

Marino

I <3 BOOST
since I've gotten my car back from body shop I didn't put the lip back on I've decided not too. It amazes me how much less I scrape lol
I bet man. The bottom of my lip is pretty bad 
 Good thing you don't see it though, for the most part

Just a small update, car is running great. I gave her a well needed wash on Saturday. Cleaned the wheels real good, and actually got the mud flaps to shine like new again
, oh and I installed a vortex generator. Here's the thing, I have had that STi roof vane for a while now. I just don't know what to do with it because I can't bring myself or even someone else for that matter, to drill the holes, permanently. I don't like things that are permanent... I bought it way back when on the fly, so I don't know. But I picked up the vortex generator a while ago as well and figured I would give it a go for now, and I do really like it. Goes well with no wing.

uEloc1Eh.jpg

ilw1nKhh.jpg

Marino

I <3 BOOST
I took this picture the other week I thought came out pretty good

xKeQ9nkh.jpg

Today I took the front lip off, gained a good inch or so of clearance. I like how it looks with no lip and no wing. This picture from my phone is not so good but you get the point

AhmVdfqh.jpg

I'll be trying to get a sticker on it this week. Then I'll be lowering it more... ever so slightly

Latest posts

Back