Marino's WRB 2005 WRX!

Marino

I <3 BOOST
What is up guys!

Figured I'd make a member's journal since I have done quite a bit to the car in the 1 year I've owned it. I'm going to try and set this up as a timeline, pictures from the day I got the car to how it sits now. Lot's of pics to follow
default_banana.gif

I remember looking on craigslist for WRX's only to find ones that had high miles, had been beaten, or were modded. But after much searching, I finally found this one. 20 minutes from where I live and the guy I bought it from was the only owner of the car. 108k miles, clean inside and out. No problems mechanically, the car was bone stock except for mud flaps. The owner was a great guy, and was very particular with how he took care of it. I am very lucky to have found it
default_biggrin.png
Anyways, here is what it looked like the first time I saw it.

CameraZOOM-20120731115410674_zps786e25f8.jpg

A few other pics. A BONE stock (except mud flaps), unmolested WRX 
default_additional_sillylol.gif

CameraZOOM-20120806184021519_zpsf69e55f6.jpg

CameraZOOM-201209051805262212_zps2a10e6e9.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120905161306466_zps126e4f83.jpg

One of the biggest reasons I have always loved these cars is because of the famous Subaru rumble. The first thing I did to the car, within only a month of owning it, was get a 3" exhaust. Just a cheap ebay cat back for now. fitment and install was perfect and it sounds amazing.

CameraZOOM-20120827171914172_zpsad0c3868.jpg

Installed:

CameraZOOM-20121020161712249_zpsc48e006f.jpg

Over the winter I installed a Kenwood ddx-419 dvd receiver

Then as summer came around the car now had 114k miles so in April I had the timing belt, water pump, tensioners, pulleys, thermostat all replaced before I started to do things to the exterior. Not cheap but I wanted to get it out of the way with first

A LOT has happened in the past few months from May to now. Starting with the exterior, I picked up an STi spoiler. I know a lot of people hate that shopping cart/bookshelf/park bench of a wing on the STi's but...... I love them!

CameraZOOM-20130508184615185_zpsf3d85ce3.jpg

The funny thing is, after removing the WRX spoiler I totally fell in love with the wingless look. If I ever find a good deal on a WRB wingless trunk I may get it, I love both looks. Here’s a few pics, so sexy.....

6f30d8fc-d5b9-4d85-9914-c81882f7987c_zps7e383d39.jpg
c13a39d7-cadb-4100-8fc3-65947928920f_zps0182508f.jpg

Spoiler installed:

image_url-1878-1368374358_zpsf624f126.jpg

After that hella horns were installed, I bought a brand new STi hood scoop, front bumper splitters, and a front lip and had them all painted.

Pic of the hellas on and scoop before paint. looks so much meaner.

CameraZOOM-20130521153712234_zps5daaa21b.jpg

In the meantime I did not want the car to be all "looks" and still be a stock WRX on the inside. My goal ever since I first owned the car was to go stage 2 so I finally bit the bullet and purchased a Cobb accessport, a brand new Invidia catless uppipe, new Invidia catted downpipe, and all new Grimmspeed gaskets and had them installed. Loving the overall increase in power. Down the road when I get a few more things on the car I would love to get a pro tune. 

CameraZOOM-20130530161611873_zps80225acc.jpg
CameraZOOM-20130530173932035_zps27ddd63e.jpg

CameraZOOM-20130613171255309_zps109876a6.jpg

Just recently I bought gold Sparco Assetto Gara wheels. I have always loved the WRB/gold look on Subaru’s and wanted gold wheels ever since I owned the car. Very happy with these wheels so far

DSCN1563_zpsedeb5634.jpg

17x7.5 5x100

225/45/17 Michelin pilot ss

DSCN1561_zpse3dcfbb4.jpg

I'm going to get a nice set of winters to mount on the stockers and plasti dip them
default_banana.gif

Last week I had the windows tinted, 35%front and 28% back 3. Couldn’t be happier with how they came out and it really changes the whole look of the car

That's about it I think! Here is how she sits as we speak

DSCN1612_zpsbb4de262.jpg

default_smile.png

I'm open to suggestions on what to do next performance wise or maintenance. The exterior is done for now I think. Next summer I am thinking of getting a cobb sf intake with the box. I've read that an intake on these cars are basically just noise makers as the stock airbox is very well designed. So I don’t know, but I really want that sucking noise
Also tempted to get a GFB hybrid BOV (only BOV I would consider getting), but the last thing I want to do is make my car run bad. As of right now she’s running like a top.
Feedback/suggestions?

Anyways thanks for taking the time to read this! Love the car and am excited to see what the future brings! I will try and keep this updated =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamey

Car looks good , I'd say get some coil overs , bigger sway bars.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Car looks good , I'd say get some coil overs , bigger sway bars.
default_smile.png
haha thanks! yes sways and end links are definitely on the list! will have to look into springs/ possibly coilovers 
default_biggrin.png
 only thing is the front lip as you can see sits very low even on stock height, so I'm not sure if I would run into any issues

Jamey

Lol yah I see that , I only have a n/a Subie but the coils were the best thing I could have done to it I ran tein s-techs before the coils huge difference I also installed a rally- tech rear sway with rally tech links car handle amazing (base imprezza do not have rear sways from factory stupid ..

xxnightraven73x

^who i am ...what i say --->
awesome job on it ....pretty much all the same things i was thinking of doing to my 05 nice to see the transformation and differences 

Marino

I <3 BOOST
awesome job on it ....pretty much all the same things i was thinking of doing to my 05 nice to see the transformation and differences 
thanks! yeah its cool to see how much its changed

I'm gonna send some pics to the previous owner.. bet he'll be surprised! haha

xxnightraven73x

^who i am ...what i say --->
im also a fan of the sti wing for some reason lol still debating if im going to go ahead and get it though ...still working on making mine get up and go better lol 

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Car looks really good. I say work out your tuning with the car first, then get some nice, non-cheap non-shitty coilovers. A blow off valve does nothing except make your car sound different, I have a gfb respons and I've never had issues using it. I like the sound, and I like that I can adjust the noise level, or fully recirc it so that it doesn't make any noise at all. Wrb and gold is classic Subaru, so you're def doing it right my friend
default_wink.png

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Awesome looking car! Nice work man, love the blue gold look aswell
Thanks Caleb!

Car looks really good. I say work out your tuning with the car first, then get some nice, non-cheap non-shitty coilovers. A blow off valve does nothing except make your car sound different, I have a gfb respons and I've never had issues using it. I like the sound, and I like that I can adjust the noise level, or fully recirc it so that it doesn't make any noise at all. Wrb and gold is classic Subaru, so you're def doing it right my friend
default_wink.png
Thanks man! yeah I think I'll probably stay away from the bov for now, really no need of it. good idea on the coils, definitely something I would not want to cheap out on

Oh yeah! Just got done claying the car and threw on a coat of wax! Love it!

Nikki

I'm with dsmith on the headlight housing, made such a difference on my car and it was so easy! I've been thinking gold on wrb started to look overplayed, but i'm definitely liking this!

Latest posts

Back