Matts First Gen SS

Matt

Haha. It's not happening.

So let the modding begin!!!

I've been reading about turbos and what not. I originally planned to go with a vf39 but it appears they have issues with cracking. I don't feel like spending cash on something known to fail. So with the power goal somewhere around 300 +-25 what would you suggest.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Haha. It's not happening.

So let the modding begin!!!

I've been reading about turbos and what not. I originally planned to go with a vf39 but it appears they have issues with cracking. I don't feel like spending cash on something known to fail. So with the power goal somewhere around 300 +-25 what would you suggest.

buy a used vf-48. That should get you there

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
The cracking in the vf39 effects nothing. Even if it does do it, it won't ever bother anything.

urabusturbo

My favorite bang for the buck mods were new shift bushings/knuckle, stiff engine/trans mounts, and a cheap used turbo back exhaust. You should drive my car for inspiration after it is broken in. I drove Mikes wagon once and that was all it took for me to make up my mind on taking the plunge.

sooch

Type-RA
vf22 ej20k heads and intake manifold. enduring solutions for tuning. should get you there with accompanied exhaust and dp

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Oh really? They all seem to make a big deal out of it. Maybe I can get it cheaper!!!
Yeah all VF39's get the wastegate crack. Even really low mileage ones, but it doesn't do anything at all. It works just the same as it would. 

Matt

Well bought an exhaust, up pipe and turbo back for 200 bucks and a sti front lip. Offers are in for a vf39 and some yellow injectors. As soon as I get those items in my possession ill look into the Ecu. Prob going to be the biggest expense.

So I was under the hood the other day and found these tags under there. Thought it was kind of cool to see they made it all this time. Looks like its had a few seals and t belt done recently... Well maybe not since they only did like 6k miles a year. Ha

evynateq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

From what I read for prices of others for sale I figured it was a fair price. It's only in ny so shipping was cheap.

Latest posts

Back