My 97 Outback

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Just picked up another one. Super clean 97 Outback. Came from Nevada, not a single spot of rust anywhere! Engine had head gaskets recently, but it's misfiring like crazy, and the transmission is low on fluid. But the price was right, and the body is clean!

IBratmanI

So after looking this over a bit, I've found the head gaskets were replaced like I was told, but I've found out they didn't replace any seals at all, and only replaced the valve cover gaskets. They also reused the timing belt and accessories because they were told it was just replaced recently before they bought it. Soooo, after I get the new engine for the Loyale, the 2.2 that's currently in the Loyale will be dropped into this. It's a good engine, and will be much more reliable in the long run.

I'll also be getting a set of JDM headlights for this as well, just because the stock lights aren't in the best shape, and this style had the worst headlights Subaru ever made.

IBratmanI

This is now running amazing with the 2.2 engine that was in my Loyale! Thanks to Kyle for help!

Old engine out!

New engine in

IBratmanI

Coming this week is a 2" front and 2.5" rear lift kit from Anderson Design and Fabrication.

And picked these up to go on after the lift is installed:

IBratmanI

The lift came in yesterday, so I didn't waste any time in getting it installed.

Putting the trailing arm spacer in:

This is why factory mud flaps suck

And all in:

New wheels and tires will be on tomorrow, just waiting for them to be mounted and balanced.

IBratmanI

Nope, no boost for me. Although I do have a chance to buy an xt for cheap, but it needs an engine.

IBratmanI

And it looks like I'll have a boosted Subaru again! And, its another white Subaru lol.

Jamey

Nice I was looking at a 14 wrx .. but just can't do it .. I like not having a car payment . And I love my car too much lol

Latest posts

Back