MY07 Forester

42012RS

Since my Impreza is going to have to get put on light duty for a bit, the Forester is finally getting a thread and some love.I picked her up last June with 134k miles from Quirk Cars by Us. Quirk had just gotten the car and hadn't had a chance to really look it over. I checked it out and drove it around the lot for a minute and knew it was my next car lolThe exterior could use a good detailing but the inside is great and the motor and transmission feel really nice.She's a five speed and all stock apart from a cheap Kenwood head unit. I plan on lifting it with ADF lower strut brackets, tint, hitch, and getting a nice exhaust note. I've already done the timing and water pump.
2908ef230dc785bce67782f97866852f.jpg
b3c288fc53318394f347a583317b9080.jpg
I did find out it was previously owned by a local doctor whose kid must have traveled to or in Massachusetts quite a bit. I'm hoping that means I won't find any poor maintenance issues but what fun would that really be!

For toc and pics!Sent from my Z753G using Tapatalk

42012RS

Replaced the axle today. Went with a Carquest axle from Advance Auto. No more knocking under acceleration!

The outer boot was ripped and started making noise before I got to it. The inner end came apart trying to get it out lol

744a6066392c3447a0c3af70162e10c7.jpg

I also threw on my old blizzaks to get by this winter. Kinda hard to tell but the stock 205/60r16 is on the rear and the front is a 225/65r16 for comparison

bf78e3a7ce6625aa06fcd3210bd39f8c.jpg

dfafd4ee2a104f548d87ab8c752a4f24.jpg

Back to driving this daily now. My next project is to try and get rid of the wind noise in the front window seals

Sent from my Z753G using Tapatalk

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Sometimes if you roll the window down, and pinch those triangle shaped pieces together at the tip, that'll help with wind noise a lot. Looks good man!

42012RS

Thanks for the tip, wind noise is much lower on the interstate now! The aftermarket radio just died on me so I wouldn't have been able to cover the sound anymore. Gotta pull that out, hoping to find a blown fuse. It worked fine last Thursday heading to camp then the next time I ran the car, Sunday, it wouldn't turn on.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Nice, glad it worked! I probably have a head unit kicking around if you need one.

42012RS

Thanks man! I have a radio to put in if I can't get this one going but I cannot get the HVAC and radio trim pulled out far enough to do anything in there! Had to take apart the radio brackets behind the trim and pull out the radio, cubby and brackets separately sideways through the radio opening. Not sure how I will get it back in and assembled. If I unhook the HVAC cables I don't see them going back in place once the radio is in...

SUBARUDE

Ya the 2.5x foresters with the cable model heating systems are a pain to change the radios in but the cables will come out pretty easy if you unhook them at the heater box by your gas pedal and the same on the other side it just a pinch clip that holds the cable and then a eyelit on the end that slides off the end of what ever mechanism it's moving

42012RS

Tires are about done on here so I just ordered some 215/70r16 grabbers! Will be going on 04 XT wheels

Last edited by a moderator:

42012RS

Wheels and tires are on! New tires always feel so nice. Slight rub in the back of the front wheel wells when turning as I expected. I'll try to get in for an alignment next week probably, see if all the possible caster helps. Might be the week after as my first child should be coming any time now
default_biggrin.png

d973d61b8ad380be93d81aea581ea6b1.jpg

1cfe05c16dc8bbf30c9acf8560427bba.jpg

Wheels don't look bad with my phone camera but they're pretty nasty. Any tips on stripping them?

42012RS

Haven't done much since the kid was born but I'm a couple months overdue on an inspection. Replaced my broken front endlinks and I am having a shop swap in my 02 wrx rear hubs. They'll cure my failed wheel bearing and give me disc brakes.

Sent from my Z837VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back