Nate's 05 RS (05rskid)

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that all they sell is metal ones now. Another aftermarket company makes good Subaru head gaskets now. They are called 6 Star gaskets, or something like that.

05RSKID

So a little up date. Have the trunk painted and on the car just need to finish the spoiler. Also now have all my parts to start the swap. All new timing belt and gaskets new tensioner and water pump. Also bought a new subframe since the one in the 02 is rotten. So hopefully after this weekend the new beast will be alive

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I'm looking forward to seeing the new setup. Glad you're making progress. Been there done that on the rip everything out and put it back job, it gets old after the first few times

05RSKID

IMG_20130208_210205_982.jpg

IMG_20130208_210218_770.jpg

IMG_20130211_093507_138.jpg

So as of Friday night I had the motor and trsnng out of the car along with the front fenders and a few other parts stripped off. Because of the lovely snow stom I wasn't able to work on it on sat. So o. Sunday I split the motor and tranny and did the head gaskets on the motor. Will be swapping it in this weekend.

05RSKID

Swapped over the rear sub frame and dropped the front with the motor and tranny and swapped in the rear sub from from the 05 and put the motor in but think the timing is off and I accidentally ordered a wrx clutch not a impreza one. so pulling the motor tomorrow night to put on the new clutch and will check the timing while its out. Been a long process so far but looks mean on the struts and generals

05RSKID

So I got my old clutch warrantied and bought a new flywheel for 85 some I'm not out much on the clutch. Got the motor back in and having a start issue but I'm going to swap over the cam and crank gears tonight and hope she runs. Thanks Mike for the info

Latest posts

Back