*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Enough snow/icy shiat on the roads in the bangor area for hooning.  Going out shortly after some dinner. Want to let it accumulate a little more.

default_additional_rockon.gif

Hopefully I'll get out before they salt everything to death.

Last edited by a moderator:

scubiecraig

I'll re-evaluate after this season.  I think I already feel a difference in them from just 1 year ago, when I purchased them.  I spun the tires from a standstill stop on some slush the other morning, which had me worried.

cwiggin

I'll re-evaluate after this season. I think I already feel a difference in them from just 1 year ago, when I purchased them. I spun the tires from a standstill stop on some slush the other morning, which had me worried.
Your front tires spin? They do that on dry road too? Mine were spinning and had to replace rear end...awd was effed up

scubiecraig

Your front tires spin? They do that on dry road too? Mine were spinning and had to replace rear end...awd was effed up
Yeah, it was the fronts.  I was coming into a traffic circle, came to a stop, and  then they spun when I tried to get going again.  I haven't noticed it happen on dry road before though.  I could have given it too much gas too.  I wasn't messing around though, just taking off normally.

scubiecraig

That's what mine were doing, I thought it was just my tires, but I was way wrong. Had lost awd
That's odd.  There is a fuse supposedly that controls the AWD system.  I've heard of people taking the fuse out to gain fuel mileage during the warmer months, and then reinstalling in the winter for the AWD system.  I'll keep a close eye on it.  I certainly hope I don't have issues with the AWD system.  

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Only the autos have the fuse, and it will not gain you gas mileage. If the rear wheels aren't engaging it would be a failing center diff. If the rear diff failed it'd be making terrible noises.

scubiecraig

Only the autos have the fuse, and it will not gain you gas mileage. If the rear wheels aren't engaging it would be a failing center diff. If the rear diff failed it'd be making terrible noises.
Mine is an auto, but there isn't any nasty sounds coming from the rear diff.  I think I'm good.  I think it was just a flukey take-off on my part.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Not sure about all of them but some of the newer ones have the fuse in the main fuse panel under the hood on the drivers side.

KamB

Kam Berry
The fuse slot is empty normally, inserting the fuse makes it front wheel drive. Based upon the older legacys I've dealt with, I'd assume it's the same setup.

So don't worry it it's not there. Hahah.

jojo69

Snowing at work in Freeport right now... A shame it's supposed to turn to rain eventually!
default_frown.gif

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

scubiecraig

It's been snowing here lightly all morning.  It's sticking to trees and grass and stuff, but not much accumulation.  I don't really thing it's supposed to amount to anything anyways, at least down here in the Southern portion of the state.

SurlyOBS

Had some fun in Standish tonight. Found a nice "trail" that was off the beaten path and managed to get the winter beater off the ground jumping some railroad tracks. Also bashed through some snowbanks that were hood height.

Pics to follow if I can get them loaded up soon.

$200 Outbacks sure are fun!

Latest posts

Back