*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

Legacy22GT

about 4 inches in augusta right now. the snow has tapered off, but it's going to start up again in about an hour according to the almighty meteorologists (who are never wrong... right?)

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Bring it on!   *snowdance*
default_cheerleader.gif

Vecken

Managed to get the outback completely buried! Not just rock it about a bit and break free stuck. All wheels off the ground stuck trying to avoid a 2wd van that should not have been out in the first place. Took 2 snowblowers and a truck to get it out. In addition to the hurricane force winds.

Mother nature is an evil mistress

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Had to be in at 5 this morning for storm work. The roads aren't plowed and neither was my driveway. I was plowing snow with my windshield.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Full on blizzard/whiteout mode in effect in the bangor area. :cool:

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Just finished shoveling the front door platform, 6 steps and around the house to unbury my generator. TG it`s dry powder. It took me 45 minutes and shoveled another inch on my way back up the steps. I estimate 30" at 7 am in Acton.

WRB96IMPREZA

YouTube Moderator
Well I must say this is the biggest snow storm I've ever seen. This is what I woke up to this morning. The first picture is the deck off the back of my house on the table there is about 2 feet of snow but on the deck I think there is about 2 and a half.

IMAG0294_zps904addbd.jpg

This is the door to my deck the bottom of the window stands at about 1.5 feet from the deck and each window is about a foot high.

IMAG0295_zps24cdcbee.jpg

IMAG0296_zpsbe650d40.jpg

IMAG0292_zps0e0d32cc.jpg

More pictures to come later when I actually get the courage to go outside haha. 

jojo69

pics/vid of this am, 7:30-ish as I woke up. My shovel is buried somewhere on the right of the snowed in door
default_frown.gif

Will give it a try in a few hours if the wind dies down a bit.

front door... blocked

IMG_20130209_084153_zps6f9f0e0d.jpg

IMG_20130209_084251_zpsb6858ea9.jpg

IMG_20130209_084339_zpse05223b9.jpg

(much different snow piling setup than yeterday -->

cool layers of snow piled up...

IMG_20130209_084410_zps885c502f.jpg

video of howling blizzard this am (don't mind the commentaries)

After a good 15mn... cleared a path. Snow up to my chest, & still wicked nasty out! I love it!

IMG_20130209_105157_zpsfb387106.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

scubiecraig

My car is buried up to the bumpers.  I may try and trailblaze a path out of my driveway later!  I've got access to a Kubota tractor, so I'm going to let this play out and probably just clean up tomorrow when the wind is died down and the snow has stopped.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
i was out doing my plow route at 3am and it was nuts, the road would dissapear under drifts, town plows would go by and 1/2 mile down the road you couldn't even tell that they had gone through.

Imprezah

I'm so glad I have a garage...

I had to snow blow a path up the driveway to the garage this morning at 5 so my wife could get home from working at Maine med.

The other nurses were staying in empty rooms to sleep after their shift, they were telling my wife to stay there. But she came home b/c of our awesome impreza with snow tires

Latest posts

Back