*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

scubiecraig

It's sloppy mashed potatoes out there tonight.  Windham Lowes was fun and someone was there before me judging by the loops around the lot.  By 10pm it was getting deep for my lowered Outback
default_smile.png
Michael Kanakan I think is his name.  He's on the "Subaru Project" Facebook page.  He was looking for people to join him last night.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Driving home from portland last night was... interesting. What's usually just over an hour drive was almost two hours. The highway was horrible and visibility wasn't...

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Yeah I had to drive to a big leader on a wire last night around 5:30. Couldn't see anything. So much fog and rain and snow. And the lights on the bucket truck suck.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
At least I left portland after midnight, so there was almost nobody on the road besides plows

SurlyOBS

Michael Kanakan I think is his name.  He's on the "Subaru Project" Facebook page.  He was looking for people to join him last night.
Oh well, I'm not on FB.  I'd be able to meet up if he posted on here or if someone sends me a text.  Maybe next storm.  What car does he drive? I passed what looked like a Sedona red WRX wagon but it was dark...

Vecken

I was out with Mike last night, the snow was so thick and slushy I had to have ly foot to the floor to slide, and I think some of it got inside my engine because now it's sputtering hard and stalling :-/

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Now they are saying the storm will only clip southern Maine because of the huge dry artic cold coming down from Canada. Are you ready for highs for Thursday being below 0 !

SurlyOBS

I'd rather have a foot of snow then a high of 0degrees thanks.  They always change the forecast as the weather approaches.  "different model, different storm track...blah blah blah"

My car is prepared: It's an AWD Subaru with snow tires and a competent driver.

Subanoob

It's sloppy mashed potatoes out there tonight.  Windham Lowes was fun and someone was there before me judging by the loops around the lot.  By 10pm it was getting deep for my lowered Outback
default_smile.png
Matt Otis, Robbie Beaton and I were at Lowe's, left there around 9:30-10...  

SurlyOBS

Well it sounds like I just missed you.  I headed out at 9:30 and was there at 9:50ish?  I didn't smell burnt clutch in the air though...
default_smile.png

Vecken

looking at anywhere from 3" to over a foot, no forecasters seem to be agreeing on this storm, either way i'm hitting the slopes friday, 19$ for shawnee peak all day!

brycetron

Now they are saying the storm will only clip southern Maine because of the huge dry artic cold coming down from Canada. Are you ready for highs for Thursday being below 0 !
Yeah, this is great.  I'll probably be outside installing a generator because this is when everyone all of a sudden decides they need one...  Not in like July or anything.  Icicles on my eyebrows when im doing anything but hiking mount Washington is not okay  
default_additional_computer.gif

Latest posts

Back