Portland June 3

Trainable

Had a great time at my first Auto-X. Thanks to ruggedman for getting me the ride along in the STi and ralli for letting me ride along. Sure did make me feel slow when I was driving though
default_redface.gif
. Looking forward to Orono now.

EvilAsPie

You did really well for your first event! Being able to navigate the course can be the hardest part.

I got some good movies of you and some other odds in the afternoon from up on the rocks. I'll have them up soon.

I was way out of my element in the RS with stock struts and springs and the wet didn't help. I felt better in the afternoon though. Can't wait to get the AGXs and prodrives off the OBS and onto the RS.

Anyone know what happened to Tim's STi? I was at corner 3 next to him when it happened; got back on the gas and a puff of dark smoke cames out then she started bocking.

akinaspeedstar

i didn't hear anything about that, but i did over hear some subaru blew out it's pitch mount and an engine mount or something.

gabe you did friggen awsome for your first time out! jim you did really well too!

and i don't mean to brag but i am SUPER excited to have placed 4th in STS! that's just amazing to me!! though doing all those hill stops and so forth took some life off my clutch :
default_smile.png

ralli

It was a great course. I believe my prediction was not correct (and my fast time I went past the stop cone.. and mainly I was thinking I would get another run.. but apparently that changed from the time I was lining up for my 5th run and when the 6th run was supposed to start grrrrrr. That makes so mad). There were some fast subarus.. way to go. Tim should be all set for Orono, we will be addressing any possible problems on his car.

This course made me want suspension or at least sway bars in a serious way.

Andy had some tire issues.. very unfortunate because he could of been much much faster....

RedForester08

Well. After My first gittery hands out the window like i was waving at the crowd red flag run. (ROOKIE) I settled down some. The first 2 runs of the morning was like on snow. It was real slippery on the old RE92's. (Kumho's on it for next time) On the afternoon runs my times improved a lot and I figured out how to left foot brake. But on my last run in the big sweeping turn in the middle of the course I went to shift and my foot was still on the brake WTF. almost came to a complete stop and it was still my fastest run of the day. With out that misshap I would have been able to get under the 50 sec mark. Thanks to everyone for all the advise. Evil for the tire pressure and Pedro for directions to the finish line on my first run.

To all the rookies one piece of advise. Keep your windows up.

Trainable

I believe Tim's is the car that broke the mounts, but my mind was all over the place so I could be incorrect.

Thanks guys, hopefully I can continue the trend of improving next time out. I was feeling a lot more comfortable by the end of the day.

Can't wait to see the videos and I love that you are slowly taking over your wifes car. ;D

Congrats again on 4th akina. Your times seemed really good for your setup.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
well....

I had an awesome day!

took 1st in E Stock in my miata.

and took 1st is STS-2 in J Brockman's car!

and i was only .3 off you Johnny! I'm coming for you!

ralli

It really was fun...

not knowing it was my last run really rubbed me the wrong way.. but whatever.

I do have to say.. Its shaping up to be a battle to the end with Jim. It couldn't be more fun either. He is a great driver in that Sentra.. and hes a great guy. Really brings the best out in me I think. Congrats on the win in STX yesterday man!!

ruggedman

This course made me want suspension or at least sway bars in a serious way.

Andy had some tire issues.. very unfortunate because he could of been much much faster....
Love the sway bar. You need it. I'm quite weary about my stock endlinks though
default_smile.png

And yeah the tires pretty much ruined me. Matt and I were going back and forth until that happend. Was a fun day, then it turned into a sad day. :-[

johnny6speed

well....

I had an awesome day!

took 1st in E Stock in my miata.

and took 1st is STS-2 in J Brockman's car!

and i was only .3 off you Johnny! I'm coming for you!
3rd overall for the OTTER! Good work man. BTW the Tirerack has koni yellows on sale for 135.00 each! GET EM! Then.. re-align
default_smile.png
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

otter-river-plastic-animal-f1057.jpg

RallyK

Johnny I'm always surprised to see you on here since YOU DON'T OWN A SUBARU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O0

I don't know what the fro man was for. I just like him.

Latest posts

Back