September Meet - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

topdeeni

do we know someone with a stage III hearse? Make it look like a funeral procession so we get right of way.... It will just B a really kwik procession....

Other than logistical issues... (parking, traffic, policia, etc, etc) I think a group drive would B a blast. I think it is a a lot of fun to see groups of whatever coming the other way in traffic..

We would just need someone repsonsible and capable of maintaining a level headed speed up front... I'd offer but I can almost guarantee so many of us getting pulled over it could become a class action law suit...ask lostinmaine who got a blast in the rain, I am going to start timing that loop we did...

Mark

thank you andy for being on point.

guys this thread is for the monthly normal meet. we are discussing amongst mods the best way to do group drives and we'll start a talk about MIK. i appreciate all the interest but please keep it on point.

Here's what I've gathered so far.

MS Wants group drives

MS likes the idea of a special MIK event.

Both will be addressed, but in the interest of keeping on task let's stick to the plan of creating our normal monthly meet in the fashion we've always had it, dating back to the STM days.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I say we go back to portland pie. $15 all you can eat beer and pizza was unbeatable in my opinion. Great service and tons of parking. People who dont like pizza and beer can either stay home or starve
default_biggrin.png

I have thought of a lot of other good places but can not think of one that offers both seating and parking.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
1) RiRa's Irish Pub2) Portland, ME

3) 4 (only taking one off because it's a garage) but that's a good thing...tons of parking.

4) 5 the have a special events room upstairs

5) 3.5 Food is always pretty darn good. Nothing hugely special but good.

6) 1 being mcdonalds and 5 being hugo's i'd say this is like a 2 maybe a 3 depending on what you get.

7) Rira's is fun, professional, and has a nice drinking friendly atmosphere.
+1
+1

Apollyon12

I know that they usually don't have a great selection of beer, but the Chinese buffet's usually have a room for big groups.

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
there is always the Freeport Grittys, good food, good beer, ample amount of parking, and easy to get to of the highway, plus then i can go to classic custard after and get a concrete :)

Mark

I love Grittys, but I'm not sure about the space there. They'd have to basically shut down the bar side. however their picnic table setup could be perfect for our group.

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
we could pretend that its a Sat in the old port on a weds night in Freeport.... they would love the business, probably should warn them ahead of time if a massive group is coming, or they wouldn't have the staff on to cover the amount of people

Mark

we could pretend that its a Sat in the old port on a weds night in Freeport.... they would love the business, probably should warn them ahead of time if a massive group is coming, or they wouldn't have the staff on to cover the amount of people
it's far past the point of just warning them. these are things we set up a month in advance.

Nate

Founding Father
i like the grittys idea. it was actually something carter and i discussed doing as a change to the same old lewiston/auburn, and portland choice.

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
you know what would be fun as well is a MS night at the drive-ins... i dont know about some of the low cars making it into the drive-ins, but it would be kinda a fun nostalgia thing to do, especially with some of the good movies that have come out recently

Nate

Founding Father
that's a good idea too. i just get scared planning something that's weather dependant.

topdeeni

you know what would be fun as well is a MS night at the drive-ins... i dont know about some of the low cars making it into the drive-ins, but it would be kinda a fun nostalgia thing to do, especially with some of the good movies that have come out recently
me no bumps like sti not.....polished already have pipe.....
default_biggrin.png

other than a canoe trip or a "basment pumping" I wouldn't plan anything weather dependant this summer..... I think I have had 7 good pool days this year if that.

Kristof

Banned
that's a good idea too. i just get scared planning something that's weather dependant.
drive in theaters are open in the rain worse case scenario.

cant we plan like an outdoor event then have an indoor as a plan b? swe should be bale ot tell a few days in advance what the weather will be like

Mark

drive in theaters are open in the rain worse case scenario.
cant we plan like an outdoor event then have an indoor as a plan b? swe should be bale ot tell a few days in advance what the weather will be like
i'd rather not

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Richetta's Brick Oven Pizza

Two locations, SoPo and Falmouth. SoPo lot is too small. The Falmouth lot has a huge parking lot because it's in a minimall/strip area. They could section off part of the restaurant for us. Pizza and Beer.

And the quick survey from the OP:

1) Richetta's

2) SoPo or Falmouth (Falmouth will work for us better IMO)

3) Parking 4

4) Space 4

5) Food 4

6) Price 3

7) Big parking lot, hopefully enough room inside. Locally owned. Pizza and Beer. They'll make vegi pizza crap for those who want it.

By September I'll be back in Bangor so my oppinion doesn't really matter, just suggesting a good spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back