So I called a Subaru Dealer today

WRXav8r

I just moved back to NH and needed an oil change on my STI...

Here's the telephone call transcript... let's see how many warning signs there are......

Ring Ring...

Them: Thank you for calling **** Subaru how may I help you?

Me: I need to schedule an oil change for my S-T-I.

Them: Is that a Subaru?

Me: Yes

Them: Let me connect you with scheduling...

Them: Good morning this is **** how can I help you?

Me: I need to schedule an oil change for my STI, I have the maintenance plan and need to know what the up charge for Synthetic is.

Them: Ok, I have an opening at 10:15, will that work.

Me: Yes, what is the additional charge for using synthetic oil?

Them: Please hold.....

Them: Is that a Turbo?

Me: Yes

Them: Please hold.....

Them: My manager says that he doesn't recommend Synthetic oil in a turbo.

Me: That's nice... what is the charge for using synthetic oil for the oil change?

Them: I will check, Please hold.....

Them: I spoke with my manager and he says that you will have higher oil consumption with synthetic oil.

Me: Does that mean you won't do it? If not that's fine I'll just have someone else do it.

Them: Well we can do it but it will be $25 extra.

Me: Ok, I'll be there at 10:15.

So.... 10:15 comes along....

It was the worst Subaru experience ever.... the service writer was nice enough but the Service Manager was dropping the "F" bomb in every sentence complaining about how cheap the owner of the dealership is and how he needs to find a new job and is understaffed.... It's a good thing that my 4 year old wasn't with me with the language they were using in the lobby area. If they hadn't already pulled my car into the shop I would have asked for my keys back and left.....

End Rant.....

SUBARUDE

if your in alton then i can just guess which subaru dealership would sound like that
default_additional_rules.gif

Smiththers

that is downright pathetic, and who ever works at a subaru dealer that asks if an STI is turbo should be fired, and then told to go work for GM.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
yah, hey hello thanks for callin. does thet there soo-ba-roo of yours gots a TERBO? we recommend diesel in them, works great in the pickups we drive.

Mr. Poon

The Sube dealer in Bangor told me using Mobil1 will void my warranty. Said I need to use dino every 3,000. I still use Mobil1 anyway.

Ty Ty

I change my oil in my garage...

...on the rare occasion that I actually get around to changing it. I think the Jeep is sitting around 12 or 13k since I last did it. I changed the oil in the Audi when I bought it 4 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

diabloadsit

Well Ryan called the Subaru dealership in Bath asking for STI Headgaskets. The guy on the phone asked what is an STI. LOL. I was like Ryan just hang up man. That place I wouldn't touch with someone else's car much less my own.

EG for the win.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I brought mine in for trans and diff fluid change a while back and was told that they needed to drain the bellhousing. I told the guy: "I gotta see this, if there is something in my bellhousing we have bigger problems".

He looked at me like I had 3 heads.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
at some Scooby dealers, their favorite service saying is "If you do X, X or X, it voids your warranty." Heh, just talking to a service writer voids the warranty.

they guy who bought my rex wag took it into a certain Scooby dealer on Route 1 near Kennebec river. car was making a bad rear wheel bearing noise. they took one look underneath and went ballistic. "Vibrations from that aftermarket exhaust has destroyed the rear differential. That differential skidplate has damaged the diff beyond repair. This voids your warranty, we are flagging your VIN and you won't be able to get warranty work done anywhere. That'll be $3000 please." The guy was like, Hey wait a minute, that's a factory approved SPT exhaust. "We don't care, your warranty is still void" so the proud new rex owner (a guard at the SuperMax so he's no pushover) just said WTF, get my car down off the lift and get me outa here!

He went to another Suby dealer who replaced the wheel bearing AND the diff under the extended warranty with exactly zero hassle. Yaay, happy ending.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
it's not just suby dealers. I swear it is everywhere.

I knocked some ****** service writer down a couple rungs in Williamsburg, VA at XXX Toyota.

Story:

Drove some of my family down to VA for a week of vacation (rest of family flying down at the end of the first week, and I fly home). Truck was just serviced at an independant Toyota shop near home.

we make it down to VA no probs, unload the truck and pack it in for a nights rest before hiting the historic area in the morning. FF to the morning: It was a beautiful day, so we drove with the windows down to the Colonial village. Noticed some weird noise in the back when going around corners. Hit brakes = LOUD metal on metal noise.... >.<

after a fun day, drop the grandparents off at the condo, and head to nearest Auto-Zone. Pull rear wheel and find that there are a pair of backing plates where the pads are supposed to be (1999 Toyota Land Cruiser).... Hmm... WASN'T THIS JUST SERVICED??? of course it was, and my mother was charged for pads as well...... >.<

so change the pads in the lot and button it up. earlier in the day I had made an appointment at the dealer for the following monday. (it is Saturday night now).. so the noise is much better but still happens on hard corners.

Monday: 7:00 at the dealer pull the car in to the shop area, jump out and give the service writer the rundown above^^^. he says, no problem, and we go get some coffee and Mcbreakfast across the street. A little more than an hour later he calls and says the Ebrake shoes are frozen and need to be replaced. so I huff over there to check it out.

sure enough they didn't listen to a damn thing I said and took THE OTHER SIDE WHEEL OFF!!!

so here is the fun part: I look at the tech and asked him:"what did he (service writer) tell you when you picked up the truck?" tech: "there was a noise coming from the rear." Me to SW: "what did I tell you when I came in here?" him:"uhhhhh"

So I recap the story to about the point where we were supposed to get new rear pads before we left and the ****** interrupts me and says: " THE REAR PADS ARE NEW!"

>.< And there's your si.. oh wait.. different show.... This is where I let loose on him, mind you, not a single obscenity. But you could have heard a mouse fart in that shop when I stopped.

for the 2.5 hrs we were there, majgically there was only 1hr of labor. I thanked the tech as we left, he was a good guy.

IBwalloftext

CN: I hate dealerships, but autozone in Williamsburg, VA is staffed by really nice and helpful people (let me wash up after, and held flashlights for me in the lot)

diabloadsit

I am sure that when guys are let go at VIP's all the rejects run toward a dealership to work. Or could be the other way around.

(Just a insider thing here. DO NOT GO TO A VIP FOR WORK OR ANY TECH QUESTION. THEY SUCK! IMAO) have had so many bad experiences with the VIP in town. Lobstah can vouch for this also.

i-wagon

i used to believe in the rule of thumb that dealerships generally suck for information, charge too much, and don't give a damn about you or your car. and now since my experience with evergreen and my subaru, i don't even think of going anywhere else unless it's something i do myself. the one thing you never knwo when calling any random garage, is hoe idiotic they're help is. " is that an subaru?" and then, " is that a turbo?" if that was my subaru dealership, that guy would be out on the street

-=Lobstah=-

I am sure that when guys are let go at VIP's all the rejects run toward a dealership to work. Or could be the other way around. (Just a insider thing here. DO NOT GO TO A VIP FOR WORK OR ANY TECH QUESTION. THEY SUCK! IMAO) have had so many bad experiences with the VIP in town. Lobstah can vouch for this also.
You mean NAPA, right? I only go to VIP for windshield washer fluid, and that's only when everything else is closed..... I haven't bought parts from them is quite a while (years). NAPA on the other hand has good parts, etc, but the auto knowledgeability (I just made that one up) is something that's lacking there.... IMO

-=Lobstah=-

On the side note, whenever i need something done on my SUbies, something i cannot do, EG is THE ONLY place i would take it to....

Ryan

Well Ryan called the Subaru dealership in Bath asking for STI Headgaskets. The guy on the phone asked what is an STI. LOL. I was like Ryan just hang up man. That place I wouldn't touch with someone else's car much less my own.EG for the win.
Ya Bath Subaru is full of tards.

Latest posts

Back