Summer tire thoughts

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
I just bought a set of Michelin Pilot Exaltos for the wife's Brokeback. I'm gonna put 'em on and do an alignment (now that I practiced on TonyQ's car!) Thursday night. I'll update later.

Of course, these are just A/S, but someone might need to know.

EvilAsPie

If they are all season tires then why does tire rack list them as Max Performance Summer tire. In the description of them they specify "summer" and say,

"PZero Nero tires are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice."

They don't even list Winter performance ratings.

I have been looking at Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD07

neova.jpg

Any experience with these?

Rightseat

I wuz talking about P Zero Nero AS model--check Tire Rack listings for UHP All Season

those Yoks you're drooling over will ride like they are solid rubber. run ovr a dime, and you'll think you hit a manhole. run over a manhole, and it's Instanct Taco Wheels. BTDT. Besides, look at the Yoko price, you'll poop!
default_redface.gif

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
but they are sticky. those are the tires to have for ST classes. unless they banninated them

EvilAsPie

So if the AS and MP Neros have the same tread design then the rubber itself must be different to make the MP ones better for summer and worse in low temps?

Therefore wouldn't the MP be a better choice for an all around (autox/street) tire for just the summer? Since i'll be running i different set of shoes for the winter?

On the other hand i still enjoy the idea of the Advans since they get such great raves on an autox course. There seam to be a lot of people who run them as daily tires as well. 180-190ish is a lot for one tire though.

So, what is a good size tire for the subaru in us all. 215/45, 225/45 on 17s? Something like that for aggressive/autox driving?

R

rallyXcramps

I bet you're looking for something with high sticky factor. I cant comment on those but I did have Yoko ES100s on the wrx wagon, they were OK. Ok in the wet, I've had better, good in the dry. Seems directional tires + AWD + me dont mix well. This past summer I ran Yoko Avids on the Golf, they came on the rims I got from Evan. I figured I'd run them til I could afford something new. Well, I didin't bother looking for summers again because I loved the almost worn-out Avids. They suited the car well at any speed, wet or dry.

I wont be getting Falkens anymore. My RS came with almost new Flakens and I balanced them recently. The directional pattern weaves all over the place. Its like the whoever cut the treads was drunk and on crack, I could believe the wobble that tread had.

Latest posts

Back