The "Help me I'm a Girl" thread

Devon

I haven't driven my car for a few days and last night it wouldn't start. The lights and radio come on and it sounds like its trying to start but nothing.

I've read that this could be a security issue and there's some secret button I can press to fix it? I've tried turning in on and off a few times, I feel like I've flooded my engine though.

So to find this secret button I discovered some wires are just kinda chillen, not really hooked up into anything. The ABS box looks broken and is hanging, but the abs light still comes on when I try to start it. (My windsheild wipers refuse to work too so is that something to do with a loose wire?)

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f13/t125863-security-system-disable-starter.html

So far I've had the same situation as this guy ^ but my lights flash when I'm trying to start it, not when the keys out.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Does the motor actually turn and just not catch? or does it just sit there?

I'm not good at internet diagnosis, I tried finding videos of the sounds to use as examples for clarification, but didn't turn up anything. Someone else might know better than I would.

Stein

Stein
The ABS light coming on at startup is just for the driver to check that the bulb is still working, not the actual ABS system. If you don't get an ABS light while driving, I would assume the system is working.

I have no idea on any other issue though...
default_frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Meyagi

I'm a hack
try holding the little hidden button while turning the key from off to on then try starting it. did you try any on the things suggested in that other thread?

i-wagon

Disconnect negative terminal. Turn key to on. Connect negative terminal. See if that helps

Devon

Stein- I know that haha I was just wondering why is was hanging near my pedals.

I couldn't find any videos close to what is happening. I won't be able to try anything till Tuesday though.

Everything turns on, then it makes the noise like its trying to start but then there's no catch, or like spark that actually makes the car run.

I also couldn't find the hidden button.

Matt

Does the motor just crank and not start? Does it seem like it's cranking really fast?

GREASEMONKEY

--Powered By A.D.H.D.--
have you checked for spark? or fuel? like pull one wire from the coil stick a screw driver in the coil have some one turn the key look for spark? (don't hold the screwdriver you will get shocked).... did you try to jump start the car when this happend? have you checked the fuse panel under the hood? you said the wipers wont work? dose anything else not work? just trying to gather more info to help you.... there is a main line fuselink in the fuse panel under the hood just looks like a black jumper wire is that still in-tacked? I live near you and I might be able to come take a look at it for you if needed... give me a call 242-5109...jesse

Devon

I haven't tried anything because I had to leave for state competitions this morning and won't be back till Tuesday. I can give you a call then?

Windsheild wipers and the squirters are the only things that don't work.

What could it be...? I'm hoping its just the security system..

There was a very low high pitch whine almost when I try to turn it on. You can barely hear it.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
If it's the security system it shouldn't crank. Sounds like something else is going on.

Matt

The high pitch noise could also be an electrical failure. Have you tried jumping it yet just to see. It did sit for awhile.

Iboc_C64

My cars do this when the battery is low enough to run the radio and lights, but not enough to crank the engine. If that was the case, you would hear the fuel pump, then a quick high pitched whine, then click click click click as engine starter tries but fails to generate enough torque to turn the engine over. I know I am probably just stating the obvious, but I thought I would mention it anyway. I also had this happen on a Jeep, in that case it turned out that I needed to replace the crank shaft position sensor.

patsti

NitrousFed
What it sounds like is the car is turning over to start (now it is slowing because the battery is dieing and needs a charge). You might need a jump soon. It does sound security related as some systems will cut ignition not starter. I would check fuses for ignition and for wipers. Sounds like they blew out and that is why it wont stary...

quick tip... Take a spark plug wire off a plug (leave it connected to coil. Place a screw driver close to the wire and have someone start... If you see a spark it is fuel related. If you don't see spark it is obv spark problem... I wouldnt hold the screw driver set it on the windshield if it can reach (this way you can do it alone).

opps someone already said most of this... sorry just skimmed thru.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devon

Yep, So it was just a dying battery. So that's all good now.

Now I can buy springggggs
default_dry.png

Don't get me wronggg I love my car.

Latest posts

Back