The "Help me I'm a Girl" thread

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
The easiest car diag ever was SurlyOBS' when the engine blew... All we could hear was KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK... over the radio.

Devon

I gots more problems.

Struts are blown and springs are weak.

Should I park it until I can afford coilovers... cheap ones...

or stock springs and buy a new set of kyb?

GClark

Do you want to go lower? Does it matter how comfortable your car is? (Coilovers can be more harsh then regular struts) I have coilovers in the Legacy and I would be fine with daily driving it. It tends to bounce more over bumps, but it's not intolerable. My coilovers(Teins HAs) were $500 off Nasioc, which is about the same as a good set of struts. Really comes down to what you want though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

I just put in my inverted bilsteins with eibach lowering springs on my rs and the ride isn't actually to bad. A little bouncy on some bumps but overall a big improvement over stock. Since your daily driving this I would prob say a set of struts and springs is the way to go for the money but If you can find a good deal on good coilovers go that route.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
keep an eye on nasioc cause people are always selling nice used strut/spring combos. id go that route over coils for your car

Devon

I know you guys hate internet diagnosis but I was wondering if anyone had any insight on the problem they could check it out. (I can drive now!)

As you know my car is lowered, on H&R lowering springs. It also has kyb agx struts that are set on stiff right now.

This is the situation: The car sits equally above the tire except for one spot, on the rear drivers side. It was pretty much almost touching the tire, before I adjusted the struts I couldn't even fit my finger in between the tire and car. The other day we took everything off, struts, shocks, and springs. The H&R's were replaced with the stock springs and now, I believe, everything is back to equal height. My friend told me that the parts were fine and working, but why would my car sit so low on the side? Sagging of the spring?

Then I read this "Sag is more likely suspension bushings tearing or trying to reset themselves. You should raise your car up, loosen all bolts going through bushings that are rotation points, jack up the suspension to about ride height, and tighten all bolts to spec. Then measure and see what sort of differences you have." (hondaforum)

Eventually I may put the springs back on, or buy new ones (or get lucky and get coliovers) But I'm worried about this problem reoccurring with the stock springs or when I change them.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
was it sitting low after driving?

If yes: it is probably due to faulty springs if with the stock springs all is well.

One way to confirm is to mark the spring from the low side and swap it to the opposite side. if the same condition exists there, then you have faulty springs. Otherwise I would guess that you might have had the spring rotated incorrectly to seat with the strut top and or the coil bucket on the strut.

Devon

Its sitting low again on that one side with the stock springs.

So it has to be something else... Anyone wanna take a look?

ugh.
default_dry.png

I would see if the strut is working properly with the weight of the car on it. Put a jack under that corner and take the pressure off the strut, let it sit for a while the let the weight sit back on it. If it returns to regular height it might be something with the strut.

Devon

The struts leaking.

But hey guess what's also wrong?

I need a new wheelbearing for front right tire.

and four new tires.

The ball joint boot is torn.

The brakes LOVING suck.

There's a hole in the crease right before the cat. Someone mentioned I should get a new catback because it was hit?

Vip was the closest place I could drive with my tire leaking, and they priced me around 1k.

I'm beyond broke right now. My card got denied at Tim Hortans. Of all LOVING places.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devon

On a lighter note I figured out why my battery kept dying. (after I bought a brand new battery, they guy forgot to mention it was under warranty)

The positive terminal snapped and kept coming loose. I went to go buy a new one but I pretty much told vip to FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU off.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
a leaking strut shouldn't make you sit low. a bent or broken one will.

other than the wheel bearing, most of that is doable in a driveway.

what do you have for a car now?

Devon

gmc gas sucker and a lancer. They're not mine though and my parents are tired of me borrowing them.

Latest posts

Back