The "Help me I'm a Girl" thread

Her RS has the problems and shes driving the other vehicles around. A leaking strut may be part of it. If it isn't holding pressure then it would allow the car to sit low. Springs only dampen the bumps if what I remember at the moment is correct.

Devon

I took the question as "what are you driving now that the rs is having problems?"

I still have my rs, that's what the whole thread is about.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Her RS has the problems and shes driving the other vehicles around. A leaking strut may be part of it. If it isn't holding pressure then it would allow the car to sit low. Springs only dampen the bumps if what I remember at the moment is correct.
Springs support the weight of the car, the shocks do the damping. but a failure in the structure of the strut will cause the car to sit low on one side.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I took the question as "what are you driving now that the rs is having problems?"

I still have my rs, that's what the whole thread is about.
I was more wondering what the car we were talking about was to look into part costs. Most of this shouldn't be too big of a deal to get fixed.

Did you hit any huge bumps on the side that is having the problem? or slide into any curbs?

Devon

I've hit some really bad potholes awhile ago but that's about it.

Im going to get a second look on some of this stuff though.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I am sure that we can get a garage day organized. We did it for Redline years ago and did 99% of the gaskets and seals in his motor (yanked it out).

Devon

Pretty sure my motors fine, There's a piston slap when its cold.

but that would be awesome

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Backwards, springs set the ride height, struts dampen the ride.

Devon

More problems....
default_dry.png

Devon

well it pretty much looks like I'm taking the lancer to the meet..

I changed my positive terminal yesterday and now my car won't start again.. wont click or nothing only accessories turn on

checked the wires and hit the starter with a hammer. nothing. haven't checked the fuses because im a wimp and cant get them out.

sooooooo frustrating.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Sounds like a bad connection still. Maybe on the starter end of the cable

Last edited by a moderator:

Devon

Anyways. I'm leaving. If someone could stop by before the meet and help me figure this out it would be greatly appreciated..

I'm assuming its the starter since I've been having problems starting the car a lot..

713-8100

Matt

tried a push start yet? if anyone stops by bring a test light and verify power to the starter and signal power from the ignition, that's the other small wire.....should have battery voltage at starter and im not sure of the voltage from ignition....might be battery voltage to....

Latest posts

Back