The life of Dans 08 WRB REX

gakosaurusrex

I suppose the best place to start would be at the beginning. My name is Dan I was brought up in Rangeley, Maine and my family has had subarus as long as i can remember. Three loyals, two legacys and now a baja turbo. I guess you could say I have subaru in my blood. My first car was a Mitsubishi eclipse and I drove that one miserable winter and traded for a raced beat up 2000 2.5rs, Enter First subaru...

DSC01183.jpg

proceeded to finish raceing and beating it up all the way through high school and my first year of college then traded it for a less beat up car.

Enter 2008 wrb wrx 7k miles... car was bone stock when i bought it from evergreen and almost brand new! Within 10k miles of buying it I needed to make it mine! I had tints r us do 35% tint all the way around, and got rid of that god awful 08 grille.

0924091232_zpsead69444.jpg

NOM NOM NOM SUBI LOVE SNOW!!!!

1128091056_zps2120ea45.jpg

began to learn and love the little td04 snail for the next 10k miles or so until I needed more power! So I bought a maddad shorty dp and K&N drop in filter from a friend and got a open source tune.

1108090847_zpsf0edecfb.jpg

Drove that for 20kmiles until it got a rather nasty exhaust leak in front of the cat causing lots of CEL codes. I ended up buying a CNT DP TurboXS CB and perrin CAI, and drove down to mass to meet Bren from bren tuning for a dyno and a tune.

dyno tuned for 17psi put out 275hp 320 Lb-ft tq. a good start for a little td04.

Now to the present.

this is as she sits to date. She has 92k miles and loved every one of them!

Current Mods list.

Full 3inch TBE

CNT DP

Turbo XS CBE

Perrin CAI

Rallitek Sways

Kartboy Endlinks

Perrin front strut bar

Kartboy Short Shifter

Subaru OEM rack vinyl wrapped black

Yakima Bikerack

Yakima Skirack

DIY roof deflector

Hella 500 6k HID convertion

Plasti dipped Stock rims

Tint 35% front 15% back

No name grille

DIY lower grille cutout mod

tinted tails

Rally Armour Universal UR Flaps

6k HID headlights

3k HID fogs

Bren Tune

Some more pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Last edited by a moderator:

sooch

Type-RA
275hp 320tq? is that to the wheel? that's a hell of a lot coming out of a td04 lol

nice car, looks very gewd

Ray

The Northernah'
I've ridden shotgun in this car many nights in rangeley doing our usual gravel pit/ back roads excursions, it's a fun car!

gakosaurusrex

275hp 320tq? is that to the wheel? that's a hell of a lot coming out of a td04 lol

nice car, looks very gewd
thanx man. not sure,dont think that's to wheels. bren said it was a strong car pushing more power then similar cars. i dont think 275whp out of a td04 is possible.

I've ridden shotgun in this car many nights in rangeley doing our usual gravel pit/ back roads excursions, it's a fun car!
that you have my friend! i still wanna see your new wagon in person ray!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
thanx man. not sure,dont think that's to wheels. bren said it was a strong car pushing more power then similar cars. i dont think 275whp out of a td04 is possible.

that you have my friend! i still wanna see your new wagon in person ray!
There have been some of those newer WRX's with a TD04 that have been that high and higher to the wheels. Pretty impressive.

gakosaurusrex

There have been some of those newer WRX's with a TD04 that have been that high and higher to the wheels. Pretty impressive.
foot in mouth... well thanks for the insite jason maybe it is possible!  i know i had evergreen do a cylinder leakdown test and got high numbers back. like better then some new off the line wrx numbers! its nice to know that after 90k miles the engine still has great compression.

gakosaurusrex

been looking around the forum some seems that almost all of brens dyno charts are in whp. so maybe it is true!

I'm in love with the grill and tinted tails. There's something about tinted tails that make me drool
default_smile.png
y thank you! seems that cops love them too! i get hassled a lot for them.

WRB96IMPREZA

YouTube Moderator
been looking around the forum some seems that almost all of brens dyno charts are in whp. so maybe it is true!

Yeah I'm not surprised haha, I've wanted to tint mine but my dad won't let me
default_frown.gif

gakosaurusrex

Yeah I'm not surprised haha, I've wanted to tint mine but my dad won't let me
default_frown.gif
I used a rattle can for mine i regret it now. I realy like the gc tails how they are stock. why dont you use vinyl overlays? then you can pull them off when you get in to much trouble.

WRB96IMPREZA

YouTube Moderator
I used a rattle can for mine i regret it now. I realy like the gc tails how they are stock. why dont you use vinyl overlays? then you can pull them off when you get in to much trouble.
Yeah I just dont really know how to do it so I'd have to have my dad help me. I mean I could prob do it but it wouldn't come out that great haha plus I'm gunna be selling it in a couple months anyway so I dont wanna drop to much money into it right now. 

cwiggin

Really? Ive never been hassled for my tinted tails. I used vynal overlays for mine,

Latest posts

Back