The Mainely survivalists thread

inski

Jamey, They'll let you in but you can't come back.
default_biggrin.png

I'm with you Rad! Grab the kids and momma and we're off to Brazil!
default_additional_rockon.gif

inski

Anyone remember those Rambo knives from the 1980s? The ones you could get at the gas station, 2ft. long, saw blade on the back side, compass in the handle, unscrew the handle top and theres all kinds of goodies in there like matches, sharpening stone, fishing string and hooks. Haha I still have one. The compass is shot, the junk inside is gone. I sharpened the hell out of it a few years ago and made a leg tie down for the sheath from para cord. I suppose its good for guttin horses and hacking down alders. Not much good for anything else now. I miss the 80s.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Anyone remember those Rambo knives from the 1980s? The ones you could get at the gas station, 2ft. long, saw blade on the back side, compass in the handle, unscrew the handle top and theres all kinds of goodies in there like matches, sharpening stone, fishing string and hooks. Haha I still have one. The compass is shot, the junk inside is gone. I sharpened the hell out of it a few years ago and made a leg tie down for the sheath from para cord. I suppose its good for guttin horses and hacking down alders. Not much good for anything else now. I miss the 80s.
http://www.harborfreight.com/8-inch-hunting-survival-knife-90714.html

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Wasnt around then to buy one
default_tongue.png
definitely not buying anything that my life may rely on from horrible frieght either!

And inski, sounds like you've had QUITE the ride

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Awesome! I want to bring home some new additions to my flashlight/knife collection. Can never have enough!

Gretsch308

I'm saving for a Strider right now. No one try and talk me out of buying a $500 folding knife. IT IS HAPPENING!!! Lol

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Im dreaming of a 500+ lumen flashlight.

Those bracelet clips are pretty neat with the whistle and compass and such, where did you find those?

Gretsch308

Mostly Amazon, although many websites carry them. Also Army Barracks in Scarborough carries all the supplies you would need to make one but they are pricey.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Sweet! I really need some practice tying knots, i swear half the time i manage to eff up even square knots
default_tongue.png
as embarrassing as it is. You tie those monkey fists? How many feet of cord do they consist of?

Gretsch308

Sweet! I really need some practice tying knots, i swear half the time i manage to eff up even square knots
default_tongue.png
as embarrassing as it is. You tie those monkey fists? How many feet of cord do they consist of?
You could do as much as you wanted. Just make the fist then with the live ends you could chose your choice of knot(Solomon, king cobra, fish, snake, etc...).

This one has probably about 6'. Plus the 3/4" steel ball bearing. I wanna get some bigger balls.... Lol

3y9e4ejy.jpg

Go to YouTube and look up Tying It All Together. He has a ton of tutorials although most are buckleless style.

Latest posts

Back