The Mainely survivalists thread

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Neat! Still need to learn how to make those.

Bought some 5 piece mess kit at beans yesterday, first time I have been in years. 7" pan and cover/plate, pot and cover, and a 8oz measuring cup. Keeps itself contained with the pans handle. Pretty snazzy for 20$ imo. Im gettin real exited for nicer weather!

Also, got ahold of little oil burning lamps. Barely bIgger than a tea light and the claimed burn time is 9 hours! Threw a few of them along with some ziplocked t.p in my pack.

boxerboost

I'd definitely be down for a MS Hike and/or Camp outing.

Either campground style, or "roughin' it" style..

Though, if it wasn't casual campground camping; finances should be brought together to manage some type of bus rental... I wouldn't be too hot on leaving 20 modified subarus in a random parking lot for a few days... that'd be a lotta smashed windows. :\

Gretsch308

Buying this today! Used Strider PT with custom scale and trit vial!

temy4yru.jpg

jy7ara5u.jpg

e3y4eje6.jpg

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I'd definitely be down for a MS Hike and/or Camp outing.

Either campground style, or "roughin' it" style..

Though, if it wasn't casual campground camping; finances should be brought together to manage some type of bus rental... I wouldn't be too hot on leaving 20 modified subarus in a random parking lot for a few days... that'd be a lotta smashed windows. :\
I'm lazy, so when I'm staying in a campground where you park next to your tent. I just sleep in my car. hah. I've never had a problem parking my cars around... Just don't park them all in a clump, I guess? I have an ugly purple outback that nobody really cares to mess with.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
That is going to suck if you get home and all of your pretty knives are gone. 
default_frown.gif

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
I love living in the middle of the woods in gray, i have no fear of that thuggery bullshit. Two rottwielers and two great danes also act as a good break in deterrant.

Anybody have a suggestion for a brand of dry-bag?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
what are you looking to put in it?   and are you looking for rafting or backpacking grade dry bag? 

The rafting stuff is made just like the inflatable rafts and can be very heavy if you are backpacking.  I have one that my tent fits into and it works quite nicely.  I forget what brand it is, but I picked it up at Kittery Trading post.  Check out steapandcheap.com and also backcountry.com for good deals on that stuff. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Grab some compression sacks for those and get a backpack that is waterproof.  The sleeping bag will be the size of a 2 litre bottle and well the clothes depend on what you stick in there. I got one for the tent as it may be strapped to the outside of my pack and it doesn't compress much more than it already is.

Check here if you are set on the dry bag, you can get a waterproof compression sack that will do both.  But don't store your things in one, they will get funky.

http://www.backcountry.com/stuff-compression-sacks

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back