The Official MS Bike Talk Thread - motors need not apply

mikebike357

Looking for something to do on Sunday, Sept 16?? Gritty's Triple Ride. Hit all 3 Gritty's locations on a 75mi loop. BBQ & free beer at the end.

$50 donation to the Dempsey Challenge to ride. There's also a 55mi option but that cuts out Auburn so it's not really a Triple, now is it?

Here's the link to the flyer: http://ow.ly/dutet

mikebike357

I have a bunch of stuff for sale if anyone is looking for parts:

2001 Rolf Vector road/cyclocross wheels

2006 Giant carbon road fork

2009 Singular steel 29er fork (disc only)

Avid Juicy 3 hydro disc brakes (front & rear, 160mm rotors)

On-One Scandal aluminum 29er frame size L, horizontal dropouts so you can go geared or SS

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I have a bunch of stuff for sale if anyone is looking for parts:

2001 Rolf Vector road/cyclocross wheels

2006 Giant carbon road fork

2009 Singular steel 29er fork (disc only)

Avid Juicy 3 hydro disc brakes (front & rear, 160mm rotors)

On-One Scandal aluminum 29er frame size L, horizontal dropouts so you can go geared or SS
pix and price on the wheels? I am guessing the giant fork is 1 1/8" right?

mikebike357

New ride for cyclocross season:

485877_10151148572883886_969656458_n.jpg

mikebike357

Got some stuff to sell to help pay for the above flashy red 'cross bike:

On-One Scandal aluminum 29er mtb frame size large - $100

Rolf Vector road/cross wheelset, sexy bombproof low spoke count 20f, 24r - $75

Innova 26x2.1 studded tires - $25 pair

Panaracer FireXC Pro 26x2.1 tires - $25 pair

Easton Monkey Lite carbon riser bars 25.4 clamp - $20

2005 Cannondle F2000 SL frame & headshok fork (which needs to be serviced) size Small - $250

DT Swiss Onyx disc hubs laced to Mavic 317 disc rims, 26", - $200

2006 Giant TCR carbon road fork, red/black/silver, 1 1/8" steerer - $75

2009 Singular 29er steel rigid fork disc only, powder blue, 1 1/8" steerer - $75

and finally...

2005ish Merckx AXM carbon road frame, well, sorta... it's what it could have been had it stayed on the production line but my brother in law, who used to work for the company that made them for Merckx, got one for me. Built it, but it's too small for my 6'1" bod. Probably a 54cm but I can measure...

The good:

Sweet all carbon frame

New headset & square taper bottom bracket

Sexy Campagnolo seat clamp

Internal cable routing for rear brake

The bad:

no cable stops... I have some that you can epoxy on, or just run it single speed

did not undergo the rigorous testing that most frames go through post production

could use a little wet sanding/polishing/paint? to make that carbon shine

I put a lot of effort into making this thing road worthy chasing down parts, etc. I just want to get what I paid for the headset & bottom bracket... $75.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bperry41

Anybody looking for bike parts? I have an old Moongoose IBOX Zero G. Too much $$ to get back and running, and I dont need it. Shock is still real good, was replaced. Anything else, just let me know. And I just might give it all away. If someone wants the whole thing I will hook you up. I think for a hundred or a bit more, it would be a good bike.
Pics? Frame size? And details of what needs to be replaced to get running properly, thanks! You can text me at 207-776-9175

Bperry41

Just added this to the garage. It's a '97 proflex with shimano xt components, and a Girvin front fork. Really excited about this purchase as I've been out of the game for quite a while now:)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349744884.382174.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349744901.270425.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349744916.957450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
anybody want a bike for their wife/fiancé/girlfriend/self? its a really nice machine. honestly, im jealous i cant make it big enough to fit me because it is everything i want in a bike. the feel of the thing is amazing.

Oh, and if you need it, the add, here http://maine.craigsl...3307898365.html, has all the info.
you should put the frame size on your listings. It will help it sell quickly. otherwise it is a nice bike

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Ok it is spring now.  Time to breathe some life back into this thread. 

I just ordered my new ride.  I spent last summer on a 20yo Diamondback road bike with downtube shifters.  I put 800 miles on that beast and it is time to pass it along to my FIL who has decided to possibly give up running for riding. 

I have a 2013 Raleigh Roper on its way.  call me old school, but I love a good steel frame, and the addition of disk brakes to this conventional Cyclocross frame is pretty cool.  I'll post up some pictures when it arrives. 

Secondly last week my wife's new Raleigh Miseco flatbar roadish bike showed.  sweet little setup.

If you are looking for a bike don't forget that tomorrow at the USM portland campus there is the anual bike swap.

Maxxguy25RS

i still have my wheels. i haven't taken it out of storage yet, but i hope to soon. i wish i had riding shorts to make it more comfy for longer rides.

we sold my fiancés bike this winter. we needed money and it was a size too big for her, but she enjoys riding too. i hope we can get back out there together.

Latest posts

Back