The Official MS Bike Talk Thread - motors need not apply

Maxxguy25RS

I have a set of 2006 Mavic Aksium Race road wheels fo' sale if anyone is interested. They have about 3300 miles on them. Rear was serviced last summer. I just checked out and lubed the front becuase it was making a little noise every now and then. Both spin nicely and are true.

8-9-10sp Shimano freehub

Silver rim w/ silver spokes @ silver hub

There's currently a set of Michelin Krylion Carbon on 'em, front has lots of life left, rear is worn, but still has some life left.

$150
Got my interest. Are they 700cm wheels? I can't remember If the road bike wheels measure in cm or mm, but if they will fit a road bike, then I'm interested.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Speaking of bikes, I got a new bike last week. Well, new to me. It's a fuji touring III. I got it on CL for $50. And nothing wrong with it. It needed nothing more than someone to ride it. It was a steal of a deal.

It looks like this picture, except mine doesn't have the mudflaps.

withrackflapscagessm.jpg

mikebike357

Got my interest. Are they 700cm wheels? I can't remember If the road bike wheels measure in cm or mm, but if they will fit a road bike, then I'm interested.
Yup... they're 700c road wheels. Tires are 700x23c.

If you want to check 'em out, I'm in SoPo and I'll be around tomorrow afternoon and late Sunday. If you want to see them today, I can grab 'em at lunchtime and meet up around the Jetport/Mall area sometime this afternoon. Shoot me a PM

Thanks!

Speaking of bikes, I got a new bike last week. Well, new to me. It's a fuji touring III. I got it on CL for $50. And nothing wrong with it. It needed nothing more than someone to ride it. It was a steal of a deal.

It looks like this picture, except mine doesn't have the mudflaps.

withrackflapscagessm.jpg
Sweet ride Chris! I love the old skool lugged frames. Those look kinda like Planet Bike fenders. I used to have a set of 'em and they're pretty awesome for the $$.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxxguy25RS

Ahhhh! I must have missed you guys! Soaking wet weather. Less than ideal but it was so much fun! I'll do it again no matter what the weather!

mikebike357

The Tour de Cure would be awesome in good weather. The route is really nice. I'm not sure I could bring myself to sign up again though based on this year's experience. It was more about survival than fun.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Hey mike. how do you change sealed bearings on road wheels? do you use a deadblow mallet to knock the axle out with one side bearing and then press the other side out? I need to change my fronts they are a little wobbly.

they are neuvation aero 28 or something like that.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Sweet thanks!!

I would buy those old wheels from you if I had more than one ride on the new bike. I just don't want to sink any more $$ until I know I'll stick with it.

mikebike357

I sold those wheels to my neighbor anyway. Give it a try on the bearing replacement. I've never done it but it looks pretty easy. Lots of ceramic bearings on eBay too!

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I sold those wheels to my neighbor anyway. Give it a try on the bearing replacement. I've never done it but it looks pretty easy. Lots of ceramic bearings on eBay too!
nothing for fitment on my wheels that I can find. Neuvation R28 Aero4. They are cheap wheels, but it is a cheap bike.

Latest posts

Back