The Official MS Bike Talk Thread - motors need not apply

nhmtns

Just discovered this thread for the first time...I think. Haven't been on MS much over the past 5 years.

Anyway, wondering if anyone on here as ever broken their collarbone from a cycling crash. I guess it's pretty common. I broke mine about 3 weeks ago on my second day getting back into DH MTB riding. It was my last week of teaching before summer break. Yeah, great way to start the summer.
default_additional_unamused.gif
It really sucks not being able to ride at all, as I've been an avid mtn. biker for a long time (since the late 80's). Watching my bikes sit unused is painful, and everytime my wife goes out for a ride I pretend not to be bitter. Ha.

So for those who have broken a collarbone, how long before you were riding again? Did you get any PT for recovery? My fracture wasn't quite all the way through the bone, but it still hurts a lot and I'm dealing with rotator cuff pain that is miserable. Hoping to get some riding in during August before the school year starts again so I don't go insane.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxxguy25RS

anyone been out riding lately? been getting out a lot myself. looked at the odo and it said 645 miles! it was reset once before with i want to say 500 miles. i think ive put more miles on the bike this summer than i have in the past years ive owned the bike.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I haven't been out much. been battling lyme and working. I have a few miles on the road bike now though.

saabaru

Pedro, you doing alright? My bike has 4 miles on it this year, I am going for a record. Record low that is.

i-wagon

Neither of mine have moved yet...been working ten hour days and dealing with life and broken stuff. Might help if I wasn't outside all day at work

Maxxguy25RS

I like the feeling after a long ride. The fact that "hey, I just went like 30 miles on my bike" just feels good. And it keeps miles off the car. This week I rode 2 out of 4 days so far and plan to ride to work tomorrow. It's not that I don't like to drive, I guess I've been bit by the bike bug.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Pedro, you doing alright? My bike has 4 miles on it this year, I am going for a record. Record low that is.
I am doing better. Just about ready to get back in the saddle. I really need to take the time and fit my bike. It is pretty old school and I need a new front wheel bearing set (sealed, and I haven't dealt with them yet). but I am super slow as all of my endurance is toast. I would be surprised if I made it more than 10mi on the next few rides.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Yeah, I just need to pick a day and get out.

The bike is new to me (used). But I have always been a steel fan, and it was cheap. One of the last years of Diamondback US manufacturing.

467711_768324739227_342811314_o.jpg

mikebike357

That's a sweet lookin' ride Pedro! You'll be back in shape in no time, just don't push too hard in the beginning.

Did you ever find the bearings for the wheels anywhere online?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I am going to work on getting the fit right, so if I have to order a new stem or something I will do it all at once. It is still ride-able so it isn't a super big deal yet. And I am not quite sold on the saddle for road work at this point, so I have a bit of work to do to get it up to snuff.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Ok, I am pedaling this hoopty on the wounded warrior ride in Concord, MA next month. It is a half century. should be interesting... I now have my new hub bearings on their way haha.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Ok, I am pedaling this hoopty on the wounded warrior ride in Concord, MA next month. It is a half century. should be interesting... I now have my new hub bearings on their way haha.
Bring a tow rope. When I die half way through and fall into the ditch, you'll have to sweep me.

saabaru

Anybody looking for bike parts? I have an old Moongoose IBOX Zero G. Too much $$ to get back and running, and I dont need it. Shock is still real good, was replaced. Anything else, just let me know. And I just might give it all away. If someone wants the whole thing I will hook you up. I think for a hundred or a bit more, it would be a good bike.

Latest posts

Back