The Official MS Bike Talk Thread - motors need not apply

EvilAsPie

Hey Mike- good seein' ya out with the GBS guys last night. I actually chased and caught the guy on the Sugar at the whoopdee.
Ha. I think that guy on the Sugar was me. Been riding since I was in high school, but only seriously riding since the beginning of August when I got that bike used. Been on two rides with GBS guys, and first time through most of those trails.

ShagginWagon

Pretty frame! I like those older sugars. Try just rolling through that whoopdee next time (no brakes)- it's a lot more fun. Glad you're getting out!

saabaru

Bike is back, managed to get out of the shop for under 200. Not too bad considering the bike is almost 10 years old. Hopefully take her for a spin today with daughter in tow.

mikebike357

Nice!!! If you need a trail-a-bike (not sure if your daughter is big enough to ride it yet) let me know. I know someone who is giving one away.

ScoobySnax

Hey I don't know if Im off topic but I ride 1-2x a week on my MTB, just bought a new Haro Mary XC Elite(29inch baby!) cause ive found you can beat the bananas out of a haro for like 1/2the price of other bikes. Its a bit heavy but I love it. Live in Cumberland, get at me someday for a ride yall.

ScoobySnax

Yeah def do a dirt ride sometime.
default_cool.png

saabaru

Rode the other day, when I got on the bike it still skipped. Reminder. I have a new chain a new cassette, what else could it be,

mike, Maybe next summer. She is only 2 1/2

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I am down again. I had a good time last year. It was all intown Portland, so it was interesting and the terrain changed depending on your route (which was completely up to you so it could be even more interesting)

I did it last year on my singlespeed MTB.

mikebike357

Since you're replaced everything in the drive train minus the front rings, I'd say start there for the skipping. Is it a big chunky skip or just little skips? Sound like it's the back or front?

Rode last night on my new Maxxis Ignitor rear tire. Me likey. Hooked up nicely. Too bad my seat rail broke... at least it was near the end of the ride.

ShagginWagon

Hey Mike-

I have a spare Rocket V (steel rails) that you can use tomorrow if you need it. Drop me a email directly if you want me to toss it in the car.

Bent my new mavic. Overpriced french crap FTL.

Bradbury 12 hour race tomorrow- 9/17. Come hang out, eat some BBQ and watch the race. 8A to 8P, Knights Wood side of the park.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikebike357

Thanks Ted... I snagged the seat off my road bike. I checked to make sure it's road AND mtb. Was surprised when I took it off the road bike too. It's carbon with titanium rails! haha! It's also hard as a rock. Good thing I got new bike shorts.

If you need 26er wheels, I have some kickin' around... but only the fronts are disc.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
So, any plans to do a group type mountain bike trip?

I just finished completely breaking my bike, so now it's back together and should be good for a while...

Latest posts

Back