The unofficial GUN talk thread

inski

All new stuff for sale. Prices are firm. Save yourself a lot of shipping.

YHM Free float hand guard with wrench $175

Nikon P-series scope mounts $50

YHM .308 '5C2' door entry muzzle brake for 308 and 6.8spc $40

Troy Fixed Battle Sights $100

PMag Ranger floor plates (3) $15

YHM low profile gas block $28

Also have a Rainier Arms barrel in 6.8spc inbound but its not here yet.

Jamey

Screw that... Modify the trigger. If a modified trigger is going to help you shoot better, then it's just less chance of someone getting hurt that wasn't intended to. A legally justified shooting in self defense is well... LEGAL. Doesn't matter if it's a 2lb pull or a 17lb pull. All my carry and non carry Glocks have work done to the triggers.

If you don't want it to go off... keep your finger off the trigger!
hey Nate do you know what size that set screw is for rear sight ? Gotta buy tool I tried pm you but wouldn't work thanks

Nate

Founding Father
hey Nate do you know what size that set screw is for rear sight ? Gotta buy tool I tried pm you but wouldn't work thanks
I guess my PM box was full. Not sure off the top of my head. Its tiny. I just took it out of my tools and loosened it. Sorry. Bring it to the store and try some Allen wrenches in it.

How do you like the g23? Thinking about checking one out, either that or a g19.
I carry a G23 that I love. If I had the choice to do it all over again I would have bought a G19. But only because I own 2 other 9mm Glocks already. Mag interchangeability is nice. 40 is a nice round for carry, but the gun sits a lot because I don't like feeding it at the range. Ammo is expensive and 9mm is as cheap as it gets. If you don't mind the little extra money needed to feed it. Buy it up. You'll love it.

Honestly. You might only be able to find a G23 anyway. Even before this scare the G19 was VERY hard to come by. By far the most popular Glock for personal use. But now... Good freaken luck. But I've still seen G23's out on shelves.

MuddyWRX

The ammo costs is the biggest reason I am looking its gotten way too expensive in the 40 and 45 if you can even find it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nate

Founding Father
You know.. if you have a G23, you can always get a a 9mm conversion barrel to shoot the more economical 9mm round out of it. Only other thing you need is a 9mm Glock mag of the same length or longer. (G19 or G17). But those are hard to find too. If I didn't already have a 9mm Glock I would have dropped the cash and bought a conversion barrel long ago.

smelt240

Well,I haven't been on in a while...screwed my ankle up,then had thumb surgery,which screwed THAT up..now I have the flu. I am right now in the process of trading 97% of my gun collection for a pretty nice,cruise-in quality 72 Chevelle SS,and the labor and materials to finish my landscaping and build a 32x40 cape style garage. About a $15,000 investment over the past 12 or so years,seems like a pretty good return on that,when compared to the other "smart" investments I could have made,and lost my a$$ on... I hear the dictator wants to make private transfers a felony,so Im doing this now, I think the values are at about their peak anyway.

Nate

Founding Father
Got a couple of these installed today..

20130110_100032.jpg

Have a couple extra 3.5lb trigger bars polished ready for install if anyone wants them and a parts polish.

Nate

Founding Father
$475 isn't a bad price on used assuming in good shape with case and both mags. The fact that you can get one is good.

Nate

Founding Father
Where the F did you find those Pmags???

And slow down your shots and work on burying your front sight in the center of that target. Slow pull to the rear while concentrating on that front sight post.

Latest posts

Back