The unofficial GUN talk thread

Gretsch308

Where the F did you find those Pmags???

And slow down your shots and work on burying your front sight in the center of that target. Slow pull to the rear while concentrating on that front sight post.
I have connections!!!

I think I was focusing on the rear sights too much. I was confused why I was so low and to the left....

Nate

Founding Father
You're right handed I assume... The reason you are low and to the left is you are yanking the trigger. In turn pushes the muzzle of the gun low (and to the left).

Hard to master and takes practice but trigger control is the hardest part of firing the gun. You have to figure you have a couple pound gun, and you are exerting a 5-6 pound pull.. You have to fight to stay on target. Then put into play the fact that you might be prepping for recoil and anticipating when the gun will go off instead of just letting it go off and worrying about keeping the sight on target.

Really quick. Your sight alignment is lining the sights so the front tip is flat even across the rear sight, with even space between the two rear uprights. And your sight picture is staring at the tip of the front sight like you can see on flea crawling across it. Blurry target, and blurry rear sight. Force yourself to hold that sight on target and slow squeeze to the rear. DO NOT INTERRUPT SIGHT PICTURE, OR SIGHT ALIGNMENT. Don't time the shot, don't tell then gun when you want it to go off, just squeeze the trigger to the rear. Doesn't matter when it goes bang.

Raise your standard. Dry fire practice, you don't have to fire knee deep in brass to become good. If you do your practice dry, and do the same thing when you validate your training with bullets, then you should hit what you are aiming at.

And start closer. Start at 3-5 yards. Its great shooting a handgun at 30 yards. But if you want to make one whole in a target start doing it at 5 yards.. then move back.

Nate

Founding Father
Who the hell told you that? You do realize you have to dry fire the gun to take it apart right? You think Glock would design a gun that harms itself everytime you take the slide off.

It's 100% fine to dry fire a Glock.

Nate

Founding Father
Some guns you shouldn't.. but not to many you can't. Striker fired guns like Glock are perfectly safe.

i-wagon

Dry fire glock practice is fun. I was told to pick a light switch or something in the house and hold steady on it and squeeze the trigger. I've become better since I started this practice

inski

Oh, Hi
default_biggrin.png

inski

You aren't very far from the Capitol City Rifle and Pistol Club. http://www.capitolcityrpc.org/index.html You should join the club. Its a nice club with a plinking range, pistol and plate shooting range, a 200 yard rifle range, and indoor range. As a member you can shoot anytime you want after 9am. I believe the indoor range is restricted events when club officers are present, like USPSA or NRA Postals and the like. The pistol and plinking ranges are almost always open except certain saturdays or sundays they have plate shoots on the pistol range. This time of year not much is going on at the outdoor ranges. I will be there Saturday for a match if you want to check it out. It takes me an hour to get there. It should take you 15 minutes.

smelt240

Anybody out there reload for 30/30 caliber? I have a BOATLOAD of once fired brass,Id be willing to trade it 2 of mine for 1 of your reloadable cases. I also have a good amount of .380, 60-80 rds of 300 winchester mag... A good amount of 30.06.... Im looking for brass in .308,.50AE,.45ACP,or good 7.62x39 brass cases. My buddy is also looking for .44 mag,.44 special,or any reloading components or tools you may have for sale reasonable.

02legacygt

You aren't very far from the Capitol City Rifle and Pistol Club. http://www.capitolci...index.html��You should join the club. Its a nice club with a plinking range, pistol and plate shooting range, a 200 yard rifle range, and indoor range. As a member you can shoot anytime you want after 9am. I believe the indoor range is restricted events when club officers are present, like USPSA or NRA Postals and the like. The pistol and plinking ranges are almost always open except certain saturdays or sundays they have plate shoots on the pistol range. This time of year not much is going on at the outdoor ranges. I will be there Saturday for a match if you want to check it out. It takes me an hour to get there. It should take you 15 minutes.
Thanks I will check that out.

Impreza05

You should use your connections to get me one. Lol. Also check your stance if your left foot is back bring it forward a bit.Also think your anticipating the shot maybe.

Gretsch308

I usually stand in a right foot back fighting stance. It is the most comfortable stance for me and more stable IMO. And I am definitely anticipating because I went a couple years without shooting. Need to build my tolerance back up!

Latest posts

Back